Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any EVE Online players members of PN?

Merrick
Grafter

Any EVE Online players members of PN?

I play EVE Online, mmm
Understatement, i tend to live EVE Online a lot Smiley
Im just wondering how people find their connection to the EVE cluster through PN?
I cant say ive had any problems other than lag and im nearly entrily convinced this is down to EVE however i just read that post on interleaving and being a noob and never realising it exsisted i began to wonder if its why i get a lot of lag every now and then.
Any one got any experiance of this?
Thanks
Merr
14 REPLIES 14
James
Grafter

Re: Any EVE Online players members of PN?

Hi there,
We can get interleaving removed for you, should you raise a ticket.  This should help your latency and may help your lag issues.
It can however, lead to some instability in your connection.
Merrick
Grafter

yeah thats what im worried about Smiley
i'll think about it, seems to be a bit of a process for both parties to turn it back on Smiley
i will raise a ticket if i decide to do it
thanks
merr
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

I have three sons who live and breathe Eve Online, two use my connection and one has his own with BT. We are on the end of a fairly long line (4.5 miles), and have interleaving turned on because of the distance.
All report lag ‘spikes’ that seem to be the server rather than line problems and with upwards of 36,000 users this has to be expected. All use TeamSpeak and can sometimes have two windows (instances) of the game running at the same time. One of my sons also has his laptop running MSN Live at the same time so he can chat and play (and talk on TeamSpeak) and it all works quite well, or so they tell me.
Regards, P.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
I'm not an Eve player but I know it's one of the games that's definately picked up correctly (one of the guys I used to work with plays it a lot on PlusNet). With interleaving if it makes the connection unstable we can always switch it back on again.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Tracer
Grafter

I've played Eve for about 2 years or so and I've never had a problem  Grin
Evis

No problems with EVE here.
Merrick
Grafter

hey brill, so it is CCP not my ISP Smiley

i run 3 clients at once with teamspeak so it may just be me doing to much mulit-tasking Smiley
derboff
Grafter

Im a big eve-online player as well never experience lag either, except when the server blips.
It does depend on what you are doing 200+ ships can be bad thou...
Stick to being a carebear  Grin
Merrick
Grafter

i cant carebear, i hate empire to much and i love blowing other players ships up to much  Cheesy
Tracer
Grafter

Quote from: derboff
It does depend on what you are doing 200+ ships can be bad thou...

Fade V Venal war = 500+ships.( Venal side alone)
Never saw Fade jump in but was getting hit..warped out and 10 mins later exploded.
Now THATS LAG !
And not PN's fault i might add.
Merrick
Grafter

yeah its an on going problem with EVE, lag and desync.
they build thsi great game but, at the moment, its just not capable of performing as they would like it and us.
i mean realy, what game producer in their right mind recomends turning off all sound and effects to reduce lag so you can have more fun, they should be making it so the game works just nicly with full efects in a 200 man fight  Wink
Tracer
Grafter

I can think of a couple games that can not be played without reducing GFX and sound a little and it is insane but EVE its the nodes that can't handle the huge amounts of fleets people bring.
derboff
Grafter

Hopefully that will all change with Trinity. That will take the workload from the cpu and bung it in the right place the graphics card
iainmacmillan
Grafter

HI, I've been playing EVE since May 2004 - major industrialist.  Been with PlusNet the whole time, not had many issues with my links, mainly the EVE nodes dying, or heavy lag with large number of ships.
Trinity Graphics upgrade is excellent on my new 8800 card, but don't expect it to the the big lag fix, thats still down to the routers/switches in London where the servers are, and your broadband connection in your area.
Smiley