Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andromeda....Any good?

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Andromeda....Any good?

Aside from the ridiculous facial expressions I've seen online, is it worth getting? Hearing some very mixed reviews

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
7 REPLIES 7
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: Andromeda....Any good?

Ive been watching this too.... I guess the good thing about steam is the refund policy, try any game for upto 1.9 hours and if you dont like it have it refunded.

ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

I've been loving it. Bit buggy in places and has performance issues though.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd probably be getting it on the Xbone if I was going to get it. Think I might wait a little longer for a price drop. Big fan of the first couple of games though

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

well the facial animations aside its got a few bugs atm, Microsoft are apparently releasing a driver update for the xbone in the next week or two that will address the issues of the multiplayer crashing to home screen, NVidia screwed their customers over with dodgy drivers that CTD both sp and mp when certain actions appear on screen, if your using razer products accidentlally tapping the caps lock key will crash the game

if you use corsair or Logitech gear then you need to upgrade to the latest versions of the programs

think that's the major crash related bugs, on the other hand it plays great if you manage to get into a game that isn't to laggy, but headshots are a bit hit n miss lol

oh and the animations sounds like a big deal but you can just have the gimps wear helmets all the time so you don't need ot worry about the dodgy faces its also not that big of a deal either because unless your on a giant scree nadn really close up you actually cant see them that much /

theres other things to complain about with the game of course (when isn't there) but its still very playable and I've managed to put in 100 hours so far of game time without any real feeling of drag to it, in fact the other half liked the look of it that much she bought a copy for the xbone.

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Rsebrie
Grafter

I've got it, and have had it since beta on the Xbox One S. I joined EA Access just to give it a try. I'm hoping to have some dlc for it too when I fire it up as I joined at https://beacon.bioware.com/ and also did the https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative website too. So hopefully something.

I haven't tried the game yet as I've been busy and I was told I'd get different choices if I have a save from 1,2 and 3 before loading this one up. 

On an completely unrelated note, I watched the new Star Wars at the cinema at Christmass. It was good, but I've just seen the trailer for the VHS version and I want that instead of the 4K HDR Version they will eventually do. Is that normal?

Anyways, check it out...

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Definitely waiting for the price drop. Thanks all

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

well the latest patch fixed a fair number of things, although it required the latest drivers in order to work properly.

and several folks are complaining that their game didn't auto update and they had to trigger it manually on consoles.

but I guess it should be on sale in another month or two, or if your getting it for console you can probably pick up a cheaper copy from one of the second hand games shops

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you