cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Warfare Strict NAT Type

MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Advanced Warfare Strict NAT Type

I'm trying to open my NAT type as its currently stuck at "Strict" which makes it very hard to find games while playing Advanced Warfare.
I've looked at guides and most mention I should create a DMZ for my PS3's IP address. Which I have done.
I've also turned off UPnP as another guide suggested to do.
I've tried everything I have read and still it wont open my NAT.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2
Vandross

Re: Advanced Warfare Strict NAT Type

I've looked at guides to, it just wont work they're must be a fix for this surely. I have two xbox ones in my house & they're both strict won't connect to friends etc.
MegaPixelMan
Grafter

Re: Advanced Warfare Strict NAT Type

I have 2 PS3's in my house. My one is using the Ethernet cable directly from the router so by default I am on Nat Type 2. Which is correct I believe.
But no matter what settings I change there is nothing I can do to Open my NAT type. I've even gone as far as removing ALL security from my router which isn't recommended, and that didn't work either.
I would say its just the game/servers but I get it on most other games too.
EDIT
I just read this on another thread and I tried the DMZ option written at the bottom and it changed my NAT Type to Open. I shall highlight the part that worked for me.
Quote from: Adam
Hi RustySpoon,
Welcome to the Community Forum!
Sorry to hear you're having issues with the NAT on your PS4, there are a couple of things that you can do to work around this however success has been mixed across the two.
The router actually has a 'Gaming Mode' which can be enabled for certain devices by clicking into them in the 'Home Network' section and using the 'Assign a game or application' link at the bottom. This would be a pretty straightforward for you to log in and enable for the PS4. There is also a way to open up the PS4 NAT by reserving the IP address for it so that each time you power up the PS4 it will have the same IP address and then you can add that IP address into the DMZ which will remove all traffic restrictions to and from that IP.
The 'Gaming Mode' options does require a set firmware version for the router so if you're having trouble finding this, just let us know what the firmware version is and we can see if you need an update. You should be able to see the 'Software Version' on the main page after logging in which is the firmware version.
As for the DMZ option, you should just need to click on the name of the device in wired/wireless section of the 'Home Network' heading, then hit 'Configure' in the top right and tick 'Always use the same IP address' option (take note of the IP address). Then just go back and click 'Assign DMZ to a local network device', add the IP and hit enable and this should do the trick for you.

If by any chance you're seeing the Strict NAT message within Destiny, it can be a false report as a lot of people have been seeing the NAT open in the Xbox One or PS4 but then a stric NAT within the actual game.