Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 connection issue

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

360 connection issue

i am having a  real nightmare with plusnet and my 360. i have the 360 connected via ethernet cable and my broadband went live last week. it was fine for a day until i switched the router off. when i switched it back on, the 360 couldnt connect, it kept getting to the stage after it realises the cable is connected then adviced me to check my connection.  since then it has worked on and off! 1 minute its fine, i turn the 360 off (leaving teh router on) and when i go to play 360 the next time its screwed. it will sign into xbox live and i can see my friends list but when i try and play a game (for example MW2) i get a red connection, tonnes of lag and cant find a match, it just searchs all day and i have to join a friends just to get in a laggy game.
any ideas people? iv switched everything off and on, reset factory default on router, set up router again, added xbox to game sharing section on router homepage and im still having problems
tech support said to try another router! i got the free wireless one they provided!!! why should i spend money on somethin extra when the one they specifically sent me doesnt work! also, i asked how long i have to change my mind as soon as the problem started (day 2 of my new connection) and they said it had already passed! surely i should have a week from connection to assess if its any good? do you agree?? please help as im going out of my mind, i set all this up and bought a 360 for xbox live. iv used it before for years with 4 different providers and never had this much trouble. what am i missing?
Sad
3 REPLIES 3
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: 360 connection issue

check this link out from the community library,hope it helps you  http://community.plus.net/library/gaming/xbox-360-connection-guide/
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Woody3600
Grafter

You're having the exact same problem as me. Iv asked Plusnet, iv asked Xbox, iv asked on here, no-one knows what the problem is. Everything will be working fine and then boomph, connection drops to red and ima lagging all over the shop. MOST times a router reboot after leaving it off for 15-20 minutes will solve the problem but tonight it hasn't, also, it's happening almost daily!
preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

well if it keeps up iv told plusnet im going to stop paying and they can cancel the contract. they are not providing the service they promise so its not me failing the contract! theyre sending me a new router to try but i cant see how that would help!
good luck buddy