Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2x 360 on one connection - NAT issues

pdavidson
Grafter

2x 360 on one connection - NAT issues

Hi all,
Does anyone else here connect 2 360's to Live at the same time? We're having problems keeping the NAT open on both (they keep changing even though I'm not changing router settings!) so I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I've just read in another thread that port forwarding with upnp can cause problems so I might try switching one of them off. I just thought I'd find out if anyone had this set up succesfully and if so, what they used.
It's not a huge issue but it's annoying at times. We tried to play together on Army of Two the other night and found that NAT had switched back to Strict for no obvious reason. After a router reboot it worked and both were open  Roll_eyes
XBL is generally a bit frustrating at times - clashing with or being unable to hear certain people in some games and not others (COD, BO revenge, and PGR being prime examples that are bad for this). If I could at least keep my NAT open reliably then at least I wouldn't have to disconnect and run network checks to see if it's my fault!
TIA for any advice!
3 REPLIES 3
BinaryDragon
Dabbler

Re: 2x 360 on one connection - NAT issues

Having same issue, weirdly not with the wii however.....
Anyone???!!!
Pupster

Hi
im new to Plusnet but have 3 xbox's connected via a Netgear dg834g router.  i will however be changing over to my PN supplied D-Link shortly as i have heard its a better router.  having said that, my three xbox 360's all currently connect with an open NAT and despite very very occaisional problems with not being able to hear some of the other players in the room, all seems fine  Cool
maybe the following link will be some help...
http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide3.php?title=Two%20Xboxes%20one%20internet%20connec...
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hmm strange, I was running 2 XBOX 360's all week last week through my connection and didn't have a problem at all. Could hear all people in the lobby and no NAT issues on my Speedtouch 585v6.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.