cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

27.10.09..The day sky comes to XboX360!!

Grff
Grafter

Re: 27.10.09..The day sky comes to XboX360!!

So you can't even get the same content as the sky player without paying for it?
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Well even if I had the cash, sky is one area I wouldn't throw it at. I did have sky back in the analog days, but when they used to cut me off nearly weekly (they claimed I was a pub! Crazy) and having to phone and wait in a queue for 20-30 minutes while I got the "your call is(nt) important to us" and then the "remove card wipe it, etc", I finally called a halt one xmas and moved to on-digital and then freeview. Since I mostly watch stuff off my xbmc setup (xbox1) and it is only SWMBO who watches the rubbish soaps live. I haven't missed it over the past 10+ years and the only reason I would buy a sky+hd box is to get Freesat HD, as it is cheaper than the humax box. (tesco sub £200 installed), I wouldn't subscribe if they paid me.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like it's back because I installed it last night and had a play around. Not too bad if I do say so myself. The quality's pretty good and there's a reasonable amount of free content without having to subscribe to Multiroom or Unlimited.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Grff
Grafter

I finally managed to get it last night at around 10pm.
Downloaded it, but it wouldn't connect.  Finished gaming around 1.30 and tried it again, and got straight in.
It seemed to work fine, and as Bob pointed out, there's enough to get for free. I've got sky, but not paying £10/month to stream what i've already got in the box underneath my xbox.  Grin
At 1.30 it was streaming fine, and was playing "The Dark Knight" without any buffering.  I'll give it a shot tonight during peak times and see how it goes.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Well ive went a spent money on it as i dont have sky,had to buy the sky sports 1&2 as us blokes do just too get sky sports 3,that and the national geographic i will watch but thats about it,yeah griff skyplayer was down last night for a while as was there site,hopefully it will work tonight as ive got wrestling to watch,streaming for me was fine on high quality but im sure it will get better in time.Didnt want an extra bill at this time of the year but i got it cheaper as its just too tempting its a crime!! Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.