cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 People can't play LoL

RicoDawg
Dabbler

2 People can't play LoL

In my new flat, it's only me and my other half. We both play League of Legends, but we can't play at the same time, or one of us will disconnect (usually me).
We also have extremely slow upload and download rates, and if one of us wants to play a game online, the other can't use the internet at all or they will just lag and make the game unplayable.
I had a similar problem at my last flat, and this is completely unacceptable. Plusnet is by far the worst internet provider I have ever used, and I can't understand how they have won any awards or accolades unless they're from middle aged couples who just figured our how to open internet explorer.
Fix my internet. PLEASE
9 REPLIES 9
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: 2 People can't play LoL

it is your upload speed, a quick google shows LOL has bandwidth issues when 2 or more players are on the same lan network playing online, that goes back to 2010 so no its not a PN issue.  Get you upload speed uncapped if its not already or get Fibre.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
RicoDawg
Dabbler

Yeah, I know it's the upload speed. I have had my upload speed uncapped before, and I can't get fibre with this [Censored] company. I am even lagging when I play on my own now, and it's [Censored] ridiculous. To make is worse, I am stuck with plusnet for a whole year because I can't afford the cancelation fee. I feel like I should take legal action because they're not delivering what they promised, but there is probably something in the small print of the contract protecting them.
Second worst company in the world, after EA #first world problems
I will have to ask them to uncap my upload again, since they probably changed it when I moved to my new flat. if they don't see this I will have to be prepared to wait for half an hour on the phone!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi RicoDawg,
I'm really sorry to hear that you think so negatively of us. I appreciate that your gaming experience at the moment is very poor - I've placed an order for your upload speed to be uncapped, this should take effect in the early hours of tomorrow morning.
If this issue is still ongoing after this has completed, please let us know and we'll take another look at things for you.
craigfoxy1
Dabbler

I know how you feel got the exact same problem. PN staff don't help you until you say you're leaving there ISP
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

@RicoDawg - did uncapping the upstream help at all?
RicoDawg
Dabbler

We are not sure yet if it has helped, but it certainly can't hurt. We haven't actually had time recently to both be playing together.
Thanks for the uncap though, it's appreciated, certainly helped my download speed, though the upload speed still hasn't broken 0.9mbps
All4One
Grafter

And if it's 0.9Mbps, it's not capped anymore, and probably won't break 0.9Mbps unless you can go to fibre.
vicky1959
Grafter

reason you cannot play together is game is detecting your using the same IP address and logging in under 2 accounts,from what i have seen try using a different browser on one of the accounts may do it
All4One
Grafter

Should not be a problem. Not played through browser if that's what you mean. Plus, I've lived in a house of 4 gamers all on LoL or WoW etc and never experienced this.