cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Vs 100

scootie
Grafter

Re: 1 Vs 100

Grin probally true. some of the ones must be one years old to get the first question wrong
JEB
Grafter

Did anyone hear the live host tonight?
I heard him once in about an hour. 
Grff
Grafter

I also get the "some features not available due to low bandwidth" message.  I'm on around 3.5mb conection, with latency around 70ms so shouldn't be an issue.  After all, voice chat in games works fine, and this is only receiving audio.
I heard the host for the first time tonight, but only in the lobby.  Once the game started, nothing, apart from one time for around 10 seconds.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth it though.  Supposedly it's quickest, and correct, answers that gives you more chance to be chosen, if that's the case, how the hell do some of the muppets that have been chosen as 'the one' get on there.  Roll_eyes
i've seen 'ones' get stupidly easy questions wrong, or use all their helps on the easy question.
Without even needing the question, the choices of answers were "Alan TitchSwamp, Alan Titchmarsh, or AlanTitchditch".  Hmm, I wonder how 30+ of the mob got it wrong.
I've also seen people simply spamming X for every question just to get a high speed, regardless of whether it's a right question or not.
scootie
Grafter

Without even needing the question, the choices of answers were "Alan TitchSwamp, Alan Titchmarsh, or AlanTitchditch".  Hmm, I wonder how 30+ of the mob got it wrong.

germany an france are part of te beta are they not so a question like that they wouldnt know.
i had a quick play friday night on live didnt hear the host at all this time and even worse it placed me on my own well mine was the only score at top of screen an no other players were up there but when it showed me in the crowd there was still 3 players next to me.
it updated twice before letting me play friday night dont know when that update came out as i hadnt played all week was hopin to test the theroy of it picks any one to be in the mob but as it looked like it had glitched on me i just left
Euge
Grafter

I could be wrong but I think that quick correct responses will only help you to be picked as the one but everyone has a chance. So whilst there is a possibilty that an idiot could be picked it is more likely that someone who answers correctly and swiftly will be chosen.
Grff
Grafter

As far as i know, it's a UK and Ireland game.  I don't think othe countries are in it.  (although i could be wrong)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Griff
I also get the "some features not available due to low bandwidth" message.  I'm on around 3.5mb conection, with latency around 70ms so shouldn't be an issue.  After all, voice chat in games works fine, and this is only receiving audio.
I heard the host for the first time tonight, but only in the lobby.  Once the game started, nothing, apart from one time for around 10 seconds.

My throughput's also 3.5mb although I haven't seen the low bandwidth message. I was simultaneously streaming the darts whilst playing on Saturday night as well. I'm currently on a Premier profile.
Like you I only heard the live host once for about 10-20 seconds.
I think I was playing alongside Carl (Carl182) towards the end. If I was then he gave a comedy answer involving brick layers at one point! Tongue

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

clockley
Grafter

Heh, I remember that, but the Mrs was playing for me *ahem*.
I have just put up an all new blog about my 1 vs 100 escapades:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/07/27/rows-of-thousands-are-bearing-down-on-me/
As for the host, I can rarely hear him, and I have a 6.5Mb line, although more and more often I can hear him on the Stat break thingys.  As far as I know, the game will remain free for Gold members, with the cost being covered by advertising.
Has anyone got into the mob yet?
scootie
Grafter

nope not in the mob yet.
but guess the mob places are resevred for people that think prince william was made an honorary gardner and not a barrister so your day should come soon carl or are you going to blame that one on wifey  Grin
clockley
Grafter

It's always going to be the wife lol.
Anyways, you telling me you have never answered with a daft answer?  The questions are only easy when you know the answer lol.
scootie
Grafter

i have to bluff my way through any football questions. it anoys me i think it should be sport questions and not just all football. the football specials esp get on my nerves.
my sister gets more of the football ones right than i do  Grin
Grff
Grafter

I wonder how many times, and how many different years, it's going to ask "who won the masters in 19xx"
The football and golf questions are far too often, and obscure.    I've also noticed it likes Russia, and the Ukraine for some reason.  Grin
Euge
Grafter

Quote from: Griff
I wonder how many times, and how many different years, it's going to ask "who won the masters in 19xx"

I don't know how many masters have there been to date?  Cheesy
James
Grafter

scootie
Grafter

unfortently james 1 vs 100 dont give enough time to google for the answers  Grin