cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox

N/A

xbox

hi got asdl in a couple of weeks :lol: and wud like to know how i connect it to go online with xbox as i have no clue so i need to know everything i need which router stuff like that not sure if ime go use live though as most me games are copys Cry so going use XBconnect has anyone else used this yet ok plz plz help wnt get everything ready for the day its setup so i can show the world me skill on project gotham 2 Cheesy
27 REPLIES
N/A

xbox

If you've got your xbox modded, chances are you can't play on Live.

Your Loss.
N/A

xbox

yep ifs modded but going have a switch fitted but ime going use xbconnect to start with not live play some halo online Smiley
N/A

xbox

Never try and connect to xboxlive without your switch if they detect you are using copys or have a modchip you be automatically banned and it is difficult to get a new valid key for your xbox.

There are several FREE alternatives, xbconnect is great, mplayer (keep away!) and i cant remember the name of the other, it is supposed to be quite good and will play live games. I think it is uk based although i have never got round to trying it, problems getting my adsl reactivated with bt after ceasing it for a 2mb service, after months of trouble i emailed ben who has passed my email on and i got a new linecheck by the engineer this time passing for 512k. Lets just hope i get my line reactivated this tuesday Smiley

Try looking in #xbins on efnet (irc server) they have a ftp with the majority of homebrew apps, emulators etc for the xbox and pc. If you do not know how to use irc you need mirc (www.mirc.com).
Community Veteran

xbox

Just to make things clear -

The use of emulators if you do not have the original game is a breach of copyright, any discussion on how to mod your Xbox (or any other console) or recommending people where to obtain illegal copies of games should be left off these forums.

Thanks,
Chris
N/A

xbox

copys noooonononono lol well if u can get away we it good stuff. Xbox live is a load of fun u will like it if u get on
N/A

xbox

going get on live soon as i get a switch fitted but for the meantime xbconnect it think do ya know if i will have to have evo dashboard for it as i havnt got it yet
N/A

xbox

[No you do not need any hardware or dashboard replacements to use free online alternatives Smiley

Try http://www.xboxlink.co.uk/ it is supposed to be very good as well. I'm not sure if xboxlink requires your xbox to be modified but no you wont need evox.

Moderators note (John) Quote removed as it was just a complete copy of the previous post and not necessary
N/A

xbox

bugger ive just orderd a cope of evo x now wish i saw ya reply earlier wot do u use m8 and do ya still get 12 months free if i buy live thnx for help
N/A

xbox

If you have bought a copy of evolutionx you have been ripped off, it is FREE software infact all homebrew software for the xbox is free. Go to where i said above (xbins on #efnet ... It is nothing comlicated, you wil be given instructions on how to get your own login/password for their ftp on entering. This login will only work once, you then need to make a new one.) If you do not know how to connect to an ftp server you need an ftp client, i would recomend flashfxp (www.flashfxp.com) http://www.xbins.org is their homepage btw. Another site i would recomend for tutorials etc www.xbox-scene.com .

I have only used xbconnect, not had a chance to try xboxlink yet, it isnt possible on 56k Sad ... No intrest in paying for xbox-live and for other obvious reasons Wink

Moderators note (John) Quote removed as it was just a complete copy of the preceeding post and totaly unnecessary.
N/A

xbox

hi m8 bloody got charged a fiver for it put it on now and me original dash has gone missing keeps telling me phone xbox wen try get on it bloody bugger now have u got any idea
N/A

xbox

Don't panic m8 that is easily resolved. Put your evox cdrw or dvdr into your xbox drive and it should boot correctly, if it does setup a network to your pc if it doesnt either the xbox doesnt like the media you are using (some drives are fussy) or its another probem in which case what error number are you getting?

Once the network is setup ftp to your xbox and replace the microsft xboxdash file with the evox dash file (rename it) and dont forget to edit the evox ini config file to your liking, i would recommend upgrading to a 80gb+hd btw (make sure its 5400rpm not 7200 this can be too fast), best way to go i have got all sorts of legal goodies stored on my xbox! Wink :twisted:

There are much more detailed guides on setting evox up this way at www.xbox-scene.com if you need step by step guides Smiley

Most likely caused from a missing xboxdash file and if your cdrw or dvdr is in it is crap media for your xbox. but i can not say for sure till i see the error number

Moderators note (John) Quote removed AGAIN!
N/A

xbox

m8 having bigger probs now went look for the error number for ya and it wnt load it wnt go past the black screen with logo on tryed boot it up with evo disc and a game seems xxxxxxxx might have summit do with i locked me harddrive yesterday wish i stuck with ms ms dash now cnt connect me xbox to me pc till nxt week the wire i need is out of stock so a no go there Sad i think its means no project gotham 2 fo rme then Shockedops:

Moderators note (John) Vulgarity removed please do not use these words even if disguised to fool the forum word censor
N/A

xbox

me again me new error is 14 and the one for me dash was 21it comes up after about 5 mins of stuck on the black screen phone microsoft hope u can help dave
N/A

xbox

and aslo a error 13 it swaps between 13 and 14