cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox live

N/A

xbox live

hi all i expect someone has already asked this but can you use xbox live with plusnet if so how do you connect it up .

many thnx mark
11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: xbox live

xbox live is not yet available in uk and wont be until march 2003

http://news.gameplay.co.uk/news/1032941908
Delves
Grafter

Xbox is available, now on its second stage beta test. If you get a kit now you get 3 months free, your years contract starting in March.

How you connect depends on a number of thing's. If you have a router then a straight connection to it from the Xbox and you should be up and going. If you have a USB modem and it has a RJ45 socket you can connect directly, if it dosen't use Internet Connection Sharing (Windows XP, I use this way to connect my Xbox) only problem's I had was with ZoneAlarm, I needed to upgrade to the PRO version so I could open the required ports.

See the Xbox Live web site for the best info on how to connect.

> xbox live is not yet available in uk and wont be until march 2003
>
> http://news.gameplay.co.uk/news/1032941908

N/A

> Xbox is available, now on its second stage beta test. If you get a kit now you get 3 months free, your years contract starting in March.
>
> How you connect depends on a number of thing's. If you have a router then a straight connection to it from the Xbox and you should be up and going. If you have a USB modem and it has a RJ45 socket you can connect directly, if it dosen't use Internet Connection Sharing (Windows XP, I use this way to connect my Xbox) only problem's I had was with ZoneAlarm, I needed to upgrade to the PRO version so I could open the required ports.
>
> See the Xbox Live web site for the best info on how to connect.
>
>
> > xbox live is not yet available in uk and wont be until march 2003
> >
> > http://news.gameplay.co.uk/news/1032941908
>
>

thnx 4 the reply can u advise on what router u hav as i believe some dont work i've got the kit now and dont know what to do with it? i hav to get it sorted before crimpo as its my sons pressy please help!!!!!
Delves
Grafter

Hi Mark

Tell me what version of windows you are using and which if any starter pack you got from PlusNet (usb modem etc). I'm a bit rushed now but I'll find out what I can. Microsoft list known working routers, but if you have the A360 USB modem I'm sure it won't connect to a router and you wil need another modem.

If you have a network card in your PC and are running XP you should have no problems, If you need a network card there fairly cheap.

I got up and running last night via ICS, I don't have a router, only down side is I need the PC on to connect to Xbox Live but I can live with that.

> > Xbox is available, now on its second stage beta test. If you get a kit now you get 3 months free, your years contract starting in March.
> >
> > How you connect depends on a number of thing's. If you have a router then a straight connection to it from the Xbox and you should be up and going. If you have a USB modem and it has a RJ45 socket you can connect directly, if it dosen't use Internet Connection Sharing (Windows XP, I use this way to connect my Xbox) only problem's I had was with ZoneAlarm, I needed to upgrade to the PRO version so I could open the required ports.
> >
> > See the Xbox Live web site for the best info on how to connect.
> >
> >
> > > xbox live is not yet available in uk and wont be until march 2003
> > >
> > > http://news.gameplay.co.uk/news/1032941908
> >
> >
>
> thnx 4 the reply can u advise on what router u hav as i believe some dont work i've got the kit now and dont know what to do with it? i hav to get it sorted before crimpo as its my sons pressy please help!!!!!
>

N/A

will the 3com Office connect 612 ADSL router work?
Delves
Grafter

Microsoft list the following routers as working, youed just have to try and see what happens if yours isn't listed. A call to there support might give you a better list.

http://www.xbox.com/LIVE/connect/routers.htm

Vendor Model
Asante FR3004C
Belkin F5D5230-4
CompUSA Cable/DSL Router
Dlink DI704P
Dl707
Dl804
Linksys BEFSR11
BEFSR41
BEFSR41 v 2
BEFSR81
BEFW11S4 v 2
Melco/Buffalo BLR2-TX4
Microsoft MN-100
MN-500
Netgear FVS318
RP614
Siemens SpeedStream SS2602
SMC 7004ABR

> will the 3com Office connect 612 ADSL router work?

N/A

I've been to that site, I've called them, and I've posted on the xbox forums as well. No one knows.
So it seems there is only one way to find out.

How long does the xbox pack take to arrive after I've ordered it?
Delves
Grafter

I can't remember how long exactly but it wasn't long at all, a week at the most I think.

> I've been to that site, I've called them, and I've posted on the xbox forums as well. No one knows.
> So it seems there is only one way to find out.
>
> How long does the xbox pack take to arrive after I've ordered it?

Delves
Grafter

Are you up and running mark, If so what's your game tag. Me and my son play mech assault under JJ The Avenger.

> I can't remember how long exactly but it wasn't long at all, a week at the most I think.
>
>
> > I've been to that site, I've called them, and I've posted on the xbox forums as well. No one knows.
> > So it seems there is only one way to find out.
> >
> > How long does the xbox pack take to arrive after I've ordered it?
>
>

N/A

> Are you up and running mark, If so what's your game tag. Me and my son play mech assault under JJ The Avenger.
>yeah got it up and running. using network card and crossover lead.
many thanks for all your help.
btw my son uses the name of cloudvsquall
we havn't got mech assault yet. is it any good?
regards
mark
Delves
Grafter

Yeah MechAssault's not bad. There's a few on line problems that should be sorted out with a download soon. Its quite fast paced, lots of blasting, explosions etc.

> > Are you up and running mark, If so what's your game tag. Me and my son play mech assault under JJ The Avenger.
> >yeah got it up and running. using network card and crossover lead.
> many thanks for all your help.
> btw my son uses the name of cloudvsquall
> we havn't got mech assault yet. is it any good?
> regards
> mark