cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox live connectivity

soddit
Dabbler

xbox live connectivity

I have a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Modem Router (F5D7632) connected to my pc which provides the internet to the base pc and networks fine with a 2nd pc upstairs. I want to connect my son's 360 to xbox live and bought a Belkin 802.11g Wireless Ethernet Adaptor (F5D7330uk), which a chap in pc world told me was the set up he uses. (bought it cheaper on the net Cheesy )
Currently the adapter has all three lights at green so it is obviously connecting to the router but when I try to connect to xbox live i get a no connection message on the xbox desktop. running the test programme shows the ethernet adapter as wired (i'm using the patch cable to the ethernet port) but fails at the IP address.
I'm assuming it is a settings issue re the IP address etc. Any one else using this or a similar setup?
5 REPLIES
N/A

xbox live connectivity

Hi,

I don't use wireless myself for the 360 but I'm sure I have read many times that only the official USB wireless adaptor works and I think Datel may have just released one that is compatible as well.

Take a look here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/xbox360/howto/connect/howto-peripherals-wirelessadapter.htm on how to set it up.
soddit
Dabbler

xbox live connectivity

It's not a USB one like the MS one, this one uses the ethernet/LAn port so it is treated like a wired connection, just has a wireless transmitter/reciever in-line
soddit
Dabbler

xbox live connectivity

I can get x box live now via a cat5 cable, so my prob has got to be how to get the wireless ethernet adapter to talk to the wireless router. Any suggestions
soddit
Dabbler

xbox live connectivity

sorted
found a little programme in the US Belkin site, sets the ethernet adapter up using a cat 5 crossover cable. easy as pie. Kids happy now i'm happy
soddit
Dabbler

xbox live connectivity