cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox live can't hear friends!!!

N/A

i have xbox live and so does some of my mates. but when we are in a game i can't hear them!! i have tried e-mailing plusnet about it and all they said was "we do not support xbox live".

does anyone have any ideas to how i will be able to hear my mates? has anyone sloved this problem? or do i need to change my providerHuh
11 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

This is not going to be a problem with your ADSL, rather a configuration issue with your router. As I said on this subject previously:
I am afraid I don't know how you configure the Solwise Router beyond the basics, I would check the manual and if you are still experiencing problems try www.solwiseforums.co.uk for support on how stuff is set up (they will understand DMZ). You could also try the ADSL Forum here, as there is likely to be a large number of people there with the same router who would not read the games forum.

Regards,
N/A

At the risk of cross posting

I have the same problem and have been posting here for over 2 months

Still cant resolve this issue (even with mega strong signals from the exchange)

Mark
N/A

Some other people had this problem check ur modem or router unplug ur mic etc. Sorry 4 da other message i press enter by mistake
N/A

this isnt a simple 'unplug micraphone and push it back in' this is a firewall issue

WE cannot HOST a game we cannot hear 50% on the players online

AS we pay Plusnet for ADSL primarily for Xbox live its a bit poor of them to hide behind the 'we dont support it' stance

Whats wrong with helping their customers? after all they'd stay at renewal time if everything worked ? (would'nt they) ?

Mark
N/A

You can't expect PlusNet staff to be experts in everything related to ADSL, including third party hardware such as an XBox.

Did you follow Josh's suggestion of asking on the www.solwiseforums.co.uk, I'm sure someone there would be able to guide you step-by-step as to how you need to configure your router (probably using some kind of DMZ mode).
Delves
Grafter

How do you connect, USB modem & ICS or a router, more info is needed, if its a router what make 7 model......

If your using ZoneAlarm Pro switch it off and see what happens
N/A

Oh please read the threads

its XBOX that needs the DMZ / NAT rule

how can you switch off Zone Labs on XBOX ?

The hub supplies the ADSL to the XBOX so any firewall on a PC would have NIL effect
Delves
Grafter

This topic does not state how the xbox is connected. If he's connecting via a USB modem and ICS and has ZoneAlarm running as the firewall on the PC the you will get audio problems, disable ZoneAlarm and they will go away.

If connected as you state then the router (not hub) needs the rules setting, the xbox is dumb as far as rules are concerned.

These are the ports that will need opening on the router. I've never used a router so I'm not sure what details need to go in the DMZ.

• UDP 88
• UDP 3074
• TCP 3074

Consult your router documentation or router manufacturer for information about how to open the required ports. If you have leased your router from your ISP, contact your ISP for assistance.
N/A

xbox live and voices not heard

I too have this problem, which is intermitant, that I can not hear some of the other players. I'm using the USB binatone modem with ICS and a software router called Outpost Pro. I have set up the IP details and the necessary port forwarding on the software firewall. Yet I still get problem of not hearing some people.
It did work fine for Jan- Feb04 then i've had this on and off with a few players in the servers, not always the same ones or all at the same time. Anyone ever get an answer out of Plus.net or been able to solve this?

ItShMe
N/A

Have you tried disabling the firewall for test purposes? It could be down to incorrect configuation of this. Have you also insured that the windows firewall is fully disabled (as this causes more problems than it solves).
N/A

One of the first things I done was to disable the waste of a space Windows XP firewall and install a proper software firewall.

The local ports I have open (IN & OUT) specific to the xbox IP that I have assigned on the network are:
UDP 88
UDP 53
UDP 3074
TCP 3074

In addition I have made the xbox website and xsn trusted websites for specific traffic also.

I do find that for any content download or updates I have to disable the firewall also. This problem is only intermittant and not specific to certain destination ISPs.

Thanks,
ItShMe