cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xbox and conexant AMX64 cable/dsl router-modem-switch

N/A

xbox and conexant AMX64 cable/dsl router-modem-switch

i tried connecting my xbox to one of the ports of the router/switch, physical connection is established since LEDs on both switch and router lit up, however the xbox live menu on the dashboard doesn't come up

anybody using xbox with this router and made it work? any XBL beta testers here?

what would be the settings needed in the router/switch to make it work

thanks a lot in advance!

2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: xbox and conexant AMX64 cable/dsl router-modem-switch

I'm an Xbox live beta tester. although i do not use the same modem as you, i have had no problems with setting up the service. As soon as the Xbox can view beyond the router into the big wired world the xbox does all the work for you.

Have you acually joined Live via the XBOX web site?

You may have to connect via your PC, so get a network card with a couple of ethernet ports. THis is a pain as you need your PC on to play xbox live. THere is advice on the XBox site about specific routers.modems.

I have a combined router/modem and i can play xbox Live and download stuff on my PC at the same time.

> i tried connecting my xbox to one of the ports of the router/switch, physical connection is established since LEDs on both switch and router lit up, however the xbox live menu on the dashboard doesn't come up
>
> anybody using xbox with this router and made it work? any XBL beta testers here?
>
> what would be the settings needed in the router/switch to make it work
>
> thanks a lot in advance!
>
>

Delves
Grafter

RE: xbox and conexant AMX64 cable/dsl router-modem-switch

Does this router have any form of firewall built in. If so you will need to open some TCP/IP and UDP ports so the xbox can communicate.

What exactly are your options on the dashboard. Can't help much more with out them.

> I'm an Xbox live beta tester. although i do not use the same modem as you, i have had no problems with setting up the service. As soon as the Xbox can view beyond the router into the big wired world the xbox does all the work for you.
>
> Have you acually joined Live via the XBOX web site?
>
> You may have to connect via your PC, so get a network card with a couple of ethernet ports. THis is a pain as you need your PC on to play xbox live. THere is advice on the XBox site about specific routers.modems.
>
> I have a combined router/modem and i can play xbox Live and download stuff on my PC at the same time.
>
>
> > i tried connecting my xbox to one of the ports of the router/switch, physical connection is established since LEDs on both switch and router lit up, however the xbox live menu on the dashboard doesn't come up
> >
> > anybody using xbox with this router and made it work? any XBL beta testers here?
> >
> > what would be the settings needed in the router/switch to make it work
> >
> > thanks a lot in advance!
> >
> >
>
>