cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x box live set up

N/A

x box live set up

Can anyone give me some advice on which package to go for with plusnet so that I can set up both my PC and X box on broadband. My exchange is enabled early 2004 so I want to upgrade my account but don't know which would be best. Could I add a wireless router to the starter pack or would i be better going for just the connection and buying my own hardware? If this is better, what hardware is best and where from. Any help much appreciated,
gamma498
3 REPLIES
N/A

x box live set up

Hi mate, I`m on x box live and have the broadband home start pack at £22, to connect my x-box to the net i first got hold of a ethernet card for the pc and a ethernet x-overcable to link the xbox and pc together, then just use the network wizards and adjust any firwalls so that the xbox can acess the internet, easy as A B C.
N/A

x box live set up

Thanx Chris, my PC and X box are in different rooms in the house so cabling is a pain in the a**e, what would I need to do it wirelessly? Can you get wireless ethernet cards and a receiver for the X box? Do I still need an adsl modem or does the ethernet card take care of this? Sorry to sound dumb but I don't want to go buying stuff I don't need. Cheers for the help
N/A

x box live set up

You'll still need a adsl modem. I've got mine setup with a wireless router/adsl modem (netgear DG834G). PC is wired into the router using a network card and the xbox is connected to a wireless bridge in another room that communicates with the wireless on the router. Was pretty expensive (£130 for the router, extra for the wireless bridge) but it lets me use the xbox on live without having to use the PC. There are cheaper ways tho. But you'll have to have the PC switched on.