cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

www.frag9.net - surely needs a revamp?

N/A

www.frag9.net - surely needs a revamp?

I noticed the ping times to those server IP are excellent considering they're on the same ISP network which is a shame as the games hosted at the momemt are indeed all crap. Cry

In brief:
The games are outdated, nothing is recent.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: www.frag9.net - surely needs a revamp?

> In brief:
> The games are outdated, nothing is recent.

the games are popular, counterstrike is THE no1 online game and has been since beta7
N/A

> the games are popular, counterstrike is THE no1
> online game and has been since beta7

Well, I certainly don't play it as I think America's Army: Operations is a counterstrike beater in terms of realism and being absolutely FREE for the masses.

N/A

Counterstrike is free, you just have to buy half-life first. the mod is free, I've never even heard of the game you're talking about, that's saying something...
N/A

N/A

But yeah, getting back on topic...

The F9 gaming community/scene has stagnated amazingly since two years ago (the last time I was a Force9 subscriber and actively involved in F9's huge Quake2/Unreal community).

Having just joined up to PlusNet I was expecting there to be at least some kind of active gaming community, but alas it's all gone to pot.

I think that with a website/server refresh, a lot of people will be drawn back and F9 gaming will undergo a resurgence.
N/A

I enjoy tfc and the maps are fine, it's just finding someone to play with!! Sad

jberry
Grafter

Hi All,

I do agree that the site needs an update as the information is out of date and there are plans in place to get this done.

In the meantime, we have been trying to expand the range of games that we provide - a full and up-to-date list can be found in the support pages here:

http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?IUKueONqJiE%3D

We are also in the process of setting up an unreal tournament 2003 server which should be ready in the next couple of weeks and I always read through these forums to see what customers want and assesing the viability of different games.

Counterstrike and TFC are getting old but are still one of the most popular online games - with newer games like MOHAA getting pretty close now in terms of popularity - and are still played extensively. We would like to be able to support every game but at the moment we have to choose selectivly.

We are still in the process of developing the games network however and all feedback is greatly appriciated - both through the forums here are you can contact me directly if you want on jberry@plus.net.

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh.Berry.............................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| CSC Technical Trainer.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet.Technologies.Ltd...................@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +