cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the best first person shooter help

N/A

Cheesy Hi all, im fed up with my ps2 and am thinking about going back to my online shooters, can anyone reccommened the best first person shooters on the market today, thx all Cheesy .
24 REPLIES
Ritey
Grafter

First thing to say is dont get GR:AW ull need the best grafix card just to play a game that is frankly boring with no anticheat to speak of.

If you want something free then try americas army, but be patient cos u gotta go through lots of training before they let u into battle.

Best buy in my opinion is BF2. Lots of servers and players, big maps tanks, jeeps, helos etc. real good fun and lot of teamwork.
N/A

Cheesy Hi m8, thx for the advice, much appreciated Cheesy .
N/A

second that - it's what the PS2 was made for Wink In fact, I think BF2:MC was voted the best PS2 game ever in some small parts..
GersFans
Grafter

If you want something free then try americas army, but be patient cos u gotta go through lots of training before they let u into battle.

The training is very simple to do, and there are many forums and websites that can "help" you along...

Americas army is indeed one of the best FPS but its also one of the most difficult, so you got to be patient when you do go into battle..
Community Veteran

F.E.A.R. Multiplayer available for free.
http://www.joinfear.com

08-08-2006 - Sierra Entertainment today announced that the multiplayer component from the award winning PC title F.E.A.R.™ (First Encounter Assault Recon), has been renamed F.E.A.R. Combat, and will be made available to the public as a free download on Thursday August 17th, 2006.

F.E.A.R. Combat is the complete multiplayer component of F.E.A.R. and includes all the updates, additional official maps and additional official game modes all in one downloadable file. F.E.A.R. Combat users will be able to play against the owners of the retail version of F.E.A.R. as well as the other F.E.A.R. Combat users.

F.E.A.R. Combat features:
- 10 Multiplayer Game modes.
- 19 Multiplayer Maps.
- 12 different weapons.
- Punkbuster support for anti cheat support.
- The capability to download user generated content.

To play F.E.A.R. Combat, consumers simply go to www.joinfear.com and register to obtain their free, Combat keycode. When the file is made available for download on Aug 17th 2006, consumers can install, enter their keycode, and get ready to join F.E.A.R. Combat!

-----------------------
The release date as you can see was last month.............so go get it allready! Wink

If you find the download servers are too slow, send me a PM and I will give you a high speed link.
N/A

bf2

but forget your dinky control pads

mouse and keyboard is THE ONLY WAY TO MASTER fps
aeroalfie
Grafter

Try warrock - it’s got Plaines choppers tanks hummers trucks motorbikes speedboats etc real fast paced action and will work on low speck PC’s and its Free. Cheesy

www.warrock.net
N/A

Cheesy Hi all, right ive downloaded fear/a-army and warrock, going to give them a try when i have some spare time, and that a-army training routine looks quite hard, oh well ill give it a try and see how i get on, thx all Wink .
aeroalfie
Grafter

I dumped a-army because the training was boring and to hard - if you shoot the instructer during training you go to prison :lol:
N/A

Nothing touches Day Of Defeat for me!

Plus Halo 2 Xbox is still a killer...
N/A

Nothing touches Day Of Defeat for me!

Get DoD:S as above. Go to www.steampowered.com, download steam and buy from there.

Excellent game
N/A

Red Orchestra does it for me closely followed by COD 2
N/A

Still cant beat a bit of CoD2 for a blast
N/A

Cheesy Hi all thats me just found spare time to get back to some good old first person shooters online. Anyway i installed the free multiplayer demo of fear which was quite good, the downfalla though where it didnt have a lot of weapons to choose from, it didnt even have large outdoor maps which is a must and only had 16 player servers. Im still thinking of something to go for though, im stuck between call of duty 2 and day of defeat, any suggestions of which one to choose would be appreciated, or even better if there is something else out there better than cod2/dod let me know. Im not really into games like halflife etc im more into army type games, preferably with punkbuster as i hate those nasty cheats, thx all Cheesy .