cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shot online

N/A

shot online

can i assume the reason i havent been able to play shot online unless after midnight for the last 6 weeks is down to pn poor service? everything was fine until then ,what has happened plus net seem to blame everyone else except themselves.is there anything i can do to make it better because im going mad not being able to play. if there isnt anything that can be done can anyone else suggest a good isp to go with thats good for online gaming?

thanks in advance
13 REPLIES
N/A

shot online

Great-value broadband. Perfect for downloads, gaming and connecting several computers.

this is the advert on the pn website for broadband premier.

surely this is against the trade discriptions act?
N/A

shot online

I do think its laughable now, I have not been able to play an onine game now for nearly two months. I am just waiting til my next billing date, and thats it out of here, got my site hosted professionally elsewhere. Found an ISP for £29.99 you have an on peak allowance of 60gb, and an off peak of 330gb.

And for customer service, well I emailed them asking something...got a reply a few minutes later...suits me sir!!
N/A

shot online

See how our customers rated us in the uSwitch Awards 2006:

We're the leading provider for...

Overall satisfaction 92%

Speed and payment plans 87%

Recommend a friend? 82%

Customer support 72%

Value for money 86%

hahaha wait for the 2007 awards plus net.
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

shot online

Great-value broadband. Perfect for downloads, gaming and connecting several computers.

this is the advert on the pn website for broadband premier.

surely this is against the trade discriptions act?

Have you logged a fault call with them ?
N/A

shot online

yes i have ,for what its worth. to be fair to pl
us net it was working ok last night from 2030-0230 unfortunately i only spent all day loggin in and out restarting doing spyware checks and other stuff trying to get it to work
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

shot online

The reason I asked was I play BF2142 / BF2 and have always got pings of around 20ms or less. They may need to open the ports for your game and make sure it has high priority traffic.
N/A

shot online

i am having the same problems again,cant play shot online until after at least 11pm any night.i have logged several fault calls,but all plus net say is do 3 speed checks with bt. they just dont seem to want to solve the pronlem. every time i try to log into shotonlin i get disconnected from the server. ive nearly had enough of it. they are obsessed with speed when clearly that is not the problem for me
N/A

shot online

i too have the exact same problems with Shot Online during peak times and has been like this for 6months, its the only game i play these days, as i pay for the 21.99 broadband plus service i expect to get a good connection/ ping etc i do for most other games and do get good pings but not where shot online is concerned during peak times. unless some1 gives me an answer that this problem will be fixed im moving to a new provider.
N/A

shot online

If you raise a ticket detailing your problems and with a Wireshark grab of gameplay (all other applications that might use the internet must be shut down, including x-fire etc.) then Networks should be able to add this game to the priority traffic queues.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

shot online

The reason I asked was I play BF2142 / BF2 and have always got pings of around 20ms or less. They may need to open the ports for your game and make sure it has high priority traffic.

i play these game on a regular basis, and as long as you stick to UK/Euro servers, i get pings of around 25ms. It's YOUR route or firewall software that needs the 6 BF2142 ports open, not PN.

I have a list of about 18 firewall entries on my router for all the games i play, as well as Teamspeak and X-Fire. Never had an issue yet, and I am on the Premier package (have been for over a year).
GersFans
Grafter

shot online

It's YOUR route or firewall software that needs the 6 BF2142 ports open, not PN.

I have a list of about 18 firewall entries on my router for all the games i play, as well as Teamspeak and X-Fire.

Thats 'funny', in 6 years I have never had to open ANY ports on MY firewall or router to play games....
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

shot online

My firewall blocks all in coming connections and I have no problems with any games I play. I know a while back EA made BF2142 highly unstable over the internet but that was fixed a long time ago.

You can always phone Plusnet up and log a fault call. The on line system for raising calls is not too hot to be honest and if you speak to a person they can take time to clearly explain what they need you to test or info you need to get for them.
iainmacmillan
Grafter

shot online

if the ports the game needs are not open, sometimes it will re-route through port 80 (according to EA Support Staff), but it prefers the proper ports.

Your game won't fail online, but it won't perform to its max capability either. Port forwarding does work.