Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setting up an Unreal Tournament Server

Glosh
Grafter

setting up an Unreal Tournament Server

Hi All,

I'm trying to get a UT server running, but I'm having trouble connecting to it from outside my LAN.

I have ports 7777 - 7781 UDP open and forwarding on my router as suggested elsewhere, but I can't connect. Does anyone know which ports I need to open to get UT up and running?

Cheers
Glosh
--
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: setting up an Unreal Tournament Server

Depending on the router, you may also need to allow these ports through the firewall.

The SAR715PV is like this. Once a port has been forwarded, the firewall also needs adjusting.

Why a wizzard to intergrate the 2 steps isn't made, I don't know.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to get a UT server running, but I'm having trouble connecting to it from outside my LAN.
>
> I have ports 7777 - 7781 UDP open and forwarding on my router as suggested elsewhere, but I can't connect. Does anyone know which ports I need to open to get UT up and running?
>
> Cheers
> Glosh
>
> --
>

you need these ports for:

UT: 7777 too 7781, TCP: 27900, 28900
UT2003: UDP Ports: 7777 too 7788 & TCP Ports: 28900, 28902

for more info:
http://www.planetunreal.com/TheAdminPage/BehindaLAN.htm
or
http://www.unrealadmin.org/modules.php?name=Sections
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Glosh
Grafter

thanks for that gus, I'll give it a go.

I am right in thinking that the WAN ip address reported by my router is the IP address that will be used to access my UT server from the internet?

Cheers
Mark

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> thanks for that gus, I'll give it a go.
>
> I am right in thinking that the WAN ip address reported by my router is the IP address that will be used to access my UT server from the internet?
>
> Cheers
> Mark
>
>

yes but you should forward the UT ports for each lan IP, from the router. Or each UT installed wont see or be seen
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017