cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scanner 4 mohaa server

N/A

scanner 4 mohaa server

hi homer or mohaa server admin,would there be any chance of yourselves installing a scanner on the mohaa server to detect cheats who use wallhacks or aimbot skins,they are easily available as quite a lot of servers do use them,im not saying everyone who uses the server is cheating but there has been a few noticeable cases over the last few days,i can find more info on the scanners if u need it.cheers chewie
--
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: scanner 4 mohaa server

> hi homer or mohaa server admin,would there be any chance of yourselves installing a scanner on the mohaa server to detect cheats who use wallhacks or aimbot skins,they are easily available as quite a lot of servers do use them,im not saying everyone who uses the server is cheating but there has been a few noticeable cases over the last few days,i can find more info on the scanners if u need it.cheers chewie
>
> --
>

best mail josh or mike direct for this request, can be a week before they see a post here.

The generic email is gamesmaster@plus.net.uk
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
jberry
Grafter

Hi Chewie,

I have dropped you an e-mail regarding this, I will await your response.

Regards

Josh

--
| Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Centre Trainer..for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi Chewie,
>
> I have dropped you an e-mail regarding this, I will await your response.
>
> Regards
>
> Josh
>
> --
> | Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Customer Support Centre Trainer..for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Hi guys,

Yea I think it's needed too. Unfortunatly only Josh can do it unless he gives me ssh access to box from home. I'm uptodate on all cheating methods and read mohadmin forums regularly but without me sitting at the box it's up to Josh Smiley

Cheers guys

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Just to put another prong in the fire -

What do people think about realism servers. Are you dead against it, do you prefer playing it as it is??

Dave.
N/A

realism rocks,our clan are realism only and it certainly gives you an edge when you play the normal game again.when you look at servers nearly every realism server is full.my tuppence worth anyway.chewie

--
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

I prefer realism also, the TDM servers are always full.

Maybe another possibiltyHuh

Dave.
jberry
Grafter

Just to keep you all in the picture, I will be installing a scanner on the MOHAA server at some point in the very near future (maybe this weekend). I just need to read up on them a bit.

If you all like realism then we could change it (not too bothered myself). Best thing to do is get on the server when either me or homer are on and we can do it in-game.

later all

Josh
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

lo josh,if you are thinking on changing to realism the ckr server mod is the best option,it puts all weapons into a more realistic line ie rifle does exact same damage as mg,shotgun is next to useless except at very close quarters,head shot from any weapon is fatal and it only gives the rocket noobs 3 shots.cya chewie

--
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

I'm with Stephen all the way. CKR is the better choice.

I'm trying to get on the Plusnet server more, what are your ID's in the game chaps??

Dave.
jberry
Grafter

> what are your ID's in the game chaps??

I'll be 'p4cman', Stephen is '[TMY]chewbacca' (or something very similar) and homerlovesbeer is ... 'homerlovesbeer' you'll be suprised to know.

Hopefully I should be upgrading the hardware on the server at some point in the next few weeks so hopefully I will be able to run the current server, a realism server and a spearhead server on the same box (can't put extra servers on at the mo as I will need to re-install the OS before I do). I am also working on getting server statistics up and running but this is again dependant on re-installing the OS on the machine as the compiler is fubar.

Will keep you all updated when I know more myself.

Josh

--
| Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Centre Trainer..for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

N/A

At this rate, it will be time to get a second MOH:AA server running.

Out of intrest, what type of spearhead match will be running? TOW?
N/A

not sure about spearhead i still think its ***** and not a patch on mohaa,ea need 2015 back to fix it south park type animation and gameplay is terrible,a lot of the maps have serious lag problems and are very badly designed espically stadt and brest as a lot of serious camping goes on around the allied spawn points.it does have some nice touches but is a long way off being the finished article.i have heard 2015 are working on there own ww2 style game.chewie
N/A

> not sure about spearhead i still think its ***** and not a patch on mohaa,ea need 2015 back to fix it south park type animation and gameplay is terrible,a lot of the maps have serious lag problems and are very badly designed espically stadt and brest as a lot of serious camping goes on around the allied spawn points.it does have some nice touches but is a long way off being the finished article.i have heard 2015 are working on there own ww2 style game.chewie
>

CKR is the way to go! Also Josh the server keeps crashing and going back to your default cfg? i keep having to put the server limit back to 20 and fragcount to 150 or 200.

talk with ya later bud!

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
jberry
Grafter

> CKR is the way to go! Also Josh the server keeps crashing and going back to your default cfg? i keep having to put the server limit back to 20 and fragcount to 150 or 200.

Right,

Tried installing delator 2.0 on the server and it had problems in that it thought it was full so I will have to have a closer look at it.

The server is not crashing btw, I have set the processes to respawn on a cron job as there are memory leakage issues if the server stays online for long periods of time but I have altered the default config to 20 players and 200 fraglimit.

Also, I am on my hols for the next week so you'll all have to live without me :bandit:

Josh
PlusNet Customer Support