Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router + modem prob in the msn gaming zone

Billydakid
Dabbler

router + modem prob in the msn gaming zone

Hi ppl,

I need some advice as to how to configure my router to play Gunship in the msn gaming zone via directplay. I have no trouble playing online games elsewhere (quakworld, cs, tf, df2 and even backgammon which is also on msn gaming zone! - which msn host the game, not the players themselves unlike in Gunship). Is it to do with NAT rules? or Ip Filtering? DMZ?

Somebody save me from insanity here!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: router + modem prob in the msn gaming zone

> Hi ppl,
>
> I need some advice as to how to configure my router to play Gunship in the msn gaming zone via directplay. I have no trouble playing online games elsewhere (quakworld, cs, tf, df2 and even backgammon which is also on msn gaming zone! - which msn host the game, not the players themselves unlike in Gunship). Is it to do with NAT rules? or Ip Filtering? DMZ?
>
> Somebody save me from insanity here!

Best asking msn gaming zone which ports and protocal for each game. Then check your routers manual for Port Rules settings or Port Forwarding
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Billydakid
Dabbler

RE: router + modem prob in the msn gaming zone

> Best asking msn gaming zone which ports and protocal for each game. Then check your routers manual for Port Rules settings or Port Forwarding
>

I've asked them and they don't know as its not a game hosted on their msn gaming zone. Its a player in a room that hosts and launches the game, however I do know that the game uses directx 7, and i have directx 8 installed. So I know from this which ports it uses, but I've tried forwarding these ports and it doesn't seem to work.

I have firewalls turned off, the game is patched to work correctly and works fine even with games hosted by the msn gaming zone, and other games i play online elsewhere.

If anybody knows or can suggest anything plzzzz reply and save me from this ongoing headache. lol