cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quake 3

mike001
Grafter

quake 3

Is the quake 3 server up and running yet!
10 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

quake 3

Hi there,

The quake 3 server has not been running for ages, but the plan for the new games network is is signoff for purchasing at the moment so once we have that we will be formulating a plan with regards to getting the games people want up and running.

At this point I will look into a q3 server as they are nice (since they can run on virtually any machine).

Regards,
mike001
Grafter

quake 3

Hi
Ok would be nice to see a Q3 server running again :-)

I mite even do plus net there very own quake3 map ..with plusnet banners all over it LoL

anyway thank for the info
jberry
Grafter

quake 3

Hi,

If we end up with a Q3 server that you can even do the admin on it if you want. The new games servers are going to be running on a semi-voluntary basis and within certain bounds you can do anything you want once you've got the power :twisted:

Regards,
mike001
Grafter

quake 3

WOW would love to admin a server or two :-)

just drop me a line when ya ready :-)
and Thanks
Firejack
Grafter

quake 3

Pencil me in for the Half Life 2 server Josh. I'm sure I could get a good showing from the lads and ladies in my Planetside outfit Smiley
jberry
Grafter

quake 3

Sweet,

I will put you on the shortlist Cheesy

Not sure on the timescales at the moment, the project is currently awaiting signoff for the hardware purchases (which are nice machines but I'm not saying what until it is signed off) and we will then be in a position to get it moving.
mike001
Grafter

quake 3

Pencil me in for the Half Life 2 server Josh. I'm sure I could get a good showing from the lads and ladies in my Planetside outfit Smiley

Half life 2 would be sweet...but it is a long way off
Have you seen the demo of Farcry yet commeing out next month I beleve
now that looks like it is gona be fun
check it out :-)

http://www.gamershell.com/download_4929.shtml

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_FPS_Far_Cry.shtml
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

quake 3

@Josh are the servers still only going to be linux OS hosted or windows as well? As that can limit some games, which never will ever had linux port. e.g. any made by Microsoft or there owned Software houses
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Firejack
Grafter

quake 3

I recall them using the odd Windows server in the past. However from a security point of view. Linux based systems would be better.
These days most of the reputable game developers will release a Linux server.
jberry
Grafter

quake 3

Hi there,

We do have the option of running windows server if required but unless there is a real demand for a game then I would be reluctant, mainly because they are just not stable (last time we had a windows server we had to restart it every day or it just died) and remote admin is auful (VNC rather than good old SSH - no thanks!).

Regards,