cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

quake 2 can join games but cant start one?

N/A

Quake 2 can start a game but acannot get the IP address to allow people to find it. Had no problems when on win98 but on new machine on xp it dont work? Helpppppppp!!!!! Cry
6 REPLIES
N/A

Maybe your firewall is setup without the ports opened

Try without your firewall turned on
or if you can't switch it off
Google for the ports and then unblock them
jberry
Grafter

If you use a router then you need to forward a range of ports. Have a look at this page and look for quake III. The ports are the same regardless of your router type.

Regards,
N/A

Re: quake 2 can join games but cant start one?

Quake 2 can start a game but acannot get the IP address to allow people to find it. Had no problems when on win98 but on new machine on xp it dont work? Helpppppppp!!!!! Cry

When I looked into this, Quake 2 can only serve games across a LAN you will need a program like allseeingeye to make the game available over the web. I think other people put your ip into allseeingeye and it will list your q2 game for them to connect to.
N/A

Quake 2 on XP?

Just wondering what version / disk / edition of Quake 2 do you have? everytime i try and run quate 2 on my px machine it crashes out and i get an error saying something like "Not NT Compatible"

Quake 2 is a wikkid online multiplayer game, would really like to get it working..

Thanks
N/A

I have the version that first came out BUT this will not install from the cd. I had to instal onto a Win98 PC and the copy the entire directory over. I also applied the official patch 3.20 on the Win98 PC before I copied over.
N/A

i can get the game to install from cd just not run,, ill try installing the patch you stated see if that will work.. hope so

many thanks