cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping problems with uk servers

N/A

Yet again, at peak time for clan wars my ping is in the high 200's on any uk unreal tournament server. Its fine for any european server (in the usual 60's) but to uk servers its in the 200's.

doing a traceroute doesnt seem to show any problems. is anyone else seeing anything like this?
28 REPLIES
N/A

You can see that the traceroutes show up normal low pings, but if you check the pings on the server lists, all but the dutch server have pings 180+ Sad
N/A

I also have high pings since Weds !!!

I have opened a ticket and got "we are aware"
N/A

Yeh it's been doing this for some days now. In some other forum posts people have said Plusnet are aware of the problem. I'm getting between 400 and 600 pings on BF2 at the moment.... so have stop playing.

I'm hoping Plusnet fix it pretty soon as it's been happening since Monday I think.
N/A

help!
N/A

So its not just a BF2 problem then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the secrets out. Maybe we can we keep all this in one place so we can keep in touch with whats going on.

There are people posting on the community support forum and people posting on the gaming forum. I would have thought the gaming forum was the right place.

Regards Mas ukmastiff
N/A

Er hold on , at the stroke of midnight my ping has gone back to the old 15 what do you do at midnight plusnet come on lets have an admission here please as we obvioulsy have the cure in the palm of our hands Huh
N/A

its rather odd though, cause its only in the evenings like between 7pm and well like you said midnight... during the day the ping is fine.
adil33
Dabbler

I have just had the same problem, My Unreal Tournament has about 200ping on most servers at anytime between 3pm-midnight, im not aleast happy with it as i have offi games comming soon, please may it be sorted very soon. :x
N/A

I play an online game called Legend Of Mir and I have been lagging like hell at peak times for nearly 2 weeks , Its getting beyond a joke now tbh. Tonight has been the worse . FFs Plusnet take your finger out your @ss and fix this problem or your going to have a lot of people asking for MAC .
N/A

my Ping on CSS has been fine until today when they have messed with the lines and "apparently" fixed it, its just so horrible now, with ping spikes and horrible lag.
adil33
Dabbler

tonight i played a offi game and my ping was over 200 its not only that but with spike's ping has gone above 400, This has happend before for a friend of mine and it lasted almost 4 weeks, the Question is how long is it going to take this time?
N/A

same problem, been happening for a few weeks. migration is looking very tempting atm...
N/A

same problem, been happening for a few weeks. migration is looking very tempting atm...

whos a decent isp these days they all seem to be having some types of problem >?
N/A

from what i've heard, nildram, ukonline and zen are some of the best ones.