cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pc and xbox

N/A

pc and xbox

being new to pcs i have a small problem what gear do i need to connect my xbox to my pc and does the plusnet modem (usb) allow me to? Shockedops:
13 REPLIES
N/A

pc and xbox

Are u wanting xbox live or somthing? Cause there is 3 ways to connect to xbox live. If you are wanting to use the usb modem way, You will require a ethernet card in the back of your pc. Then you need a cross over ethernet cable to go from the back of your xbox and then into the ethernet card in your pc. Enable internet sharing in network settings. And xbox live should work.

It should explain more at www.xbox.com

Pm me for any more information
N/A

pc and xbox

Yup, you have a choice of 3 methods of connecting an Xbox to the PC...the first one being an Ethernet Card with USB modem which is by far the easiest way of doing it, which is what we had on our computer for the first year+ with Xbox Live. The only limitation is to play Xbox Live, which I'm presuming is what you want to do, with that method, you need to have your PC switched on at the same time.

If you don't want to do that, a router is worth an investment, which is what we changed to about the same time as I signed up withj PlusNet. (Again needing an Ethernet Card)

I've never tried tried out a Direct Connection, but it isn't what you want anyway Smiley
N/A

pc and xbox

I was thinking of geting a router but cant be arsed now. I dont think i am gonna play xbox live much as i have over played the games and there become boring.
Community Veteran

pc and xbox

Topic moved from ADSL to games which seems to a more apt forum for this subject.
N/A

help!

right i need seroius help man.. Sad

ive hooked up the xbox to the pc and evreythin, done the internet sharing wizard through me ethernet card and every time i try to connect to xbox live it just says something about a "DNS error" Evil stupid xbox Evil

Moderators note (John) Please see the PM sent to you about your Avatar file size.
N/A

pc and xbox

U go 2 control panel go 2 network connection ok. Right click ur dial up thing mine is wip tech. Go 2 properties then advanced on there, there is a tick box and next 2 it says allow other people to connect through computer tick the box next to it. There it shud work
N/A

yyeeeeaasss

w00t it works cheers m8 i owe ya ! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

pc and xbox

Its ok i live 2 help people
N/A

pc and xbox

lol u do? mine aint working cos i got straight thru cable not crossover DOH !!!! Shockedops:
N/A

pc and xbox

Yeah crossovers arent hard 2 get. Dephends how long u want it.
N/A

pc and xbox

dont need it that long live in flat tv+xbox is only 2-3 feet away lol Smiley
Community Veteran

pc and xbox

Just a tip for anyone needing a long crossover cable.

Buy the length you need as a straight cable and also buy a short crossover say 1 metre and a cat 5 coupler which allows you to join the two cables together.
You now have a long crosssover cable. Cool
N/A

pc and xbox

or... buy a box of cable.. some RJ45 ends, some hoods and a set of wire cutters and then make ur own Smiley