cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online gaming

N/A

online gaming

I play raven shield online and had lag free for years with btbroadband. I had there 1mb and 2mb. I am now with plusnet and i am on 8mb but 95% of the games lag so bad i have to leave. Dose anyone have the same problems or know of away to sort this out?Huh
134 REPLIES
N/A

online gaming

Yes, pn seems to have a problem over the last week, I usually disconnect and reconnect until the lag goes away. Strangely, pinging servers doesn't show high ms but the games server list (cs and lfs) shows high ms.
N/A

online gaming

can we all bring this to the attention of the techs

please create a question in your member center.

hopefully if they get enough complaints they will fix it...

i used to have 13 ms pings. now i have tripple that
N/A

online gaming

Have you tried connecting to different gateways?
N/A

online gaming

Even if i join a servers ip the lag is still very bad. I have sent plusnet emails but as yet had know reply. Thanks for the replys and if plusnet ever sort this problem out i'll post here. I will be only be giving them a month to sort then if not ill end my time with plustnet.

It's a joke that i pay them £25 a month and they cut my download to 7gb a month and the thing i love most online gaming, i cant even do that cos there line lag so bad..
N/A

online gaming

£25 a month for 7GB? That's a lot.. what package are you on?

TBH I know that some packages aren't suitable for gaming, whereas others are (they basically prioritise online gaming). Premier option 1, to me, runs games sweet. In most games I usually have the best ping.
N/A

online gaming

Yes, I have experienced the same problem over the last week or so with the game I play (Ultima Online).

We went through quite a long period a while ago when gaming performance was abysmal at UK peak times. However, that had cleared up until recently.

Now, though, the performance is really bad in the early afternoon. Today, it has been virtually unplayable. But the problems are not reflected in pings or tracert.
N/A

online gaming

Hey hoffs thats what im experiencing also. Do a simple ping or tracert to the server IP and it shows normal latency. The problem only manifest themselves in game with huge lag. I play a mmorpg called Dark Age of Camelot and it's unplayable lately due to the lag.
suec45
Grafter

online gaming

Yep awful ping rates, pls post in the threads in the community support forum so we can get this sorted out.

My support ticket told me things were 'normal' :?
N/A

online gaming

my ticket resonse was that they are going to disable interleaving on my line. it mentions in the help section -search site for 'interleaving' - that this is not recommended but will decrease latency (ping times)

has anyone had any experience with this? problems?

thanks
suds
Azagoth
Grafter

online gaming

I play Guild Wars, over 1500hrs now, and recently I can't connect on occasions. I can be playing for some time and than bam, it drops me and I can't log back in. I get the Err=058 message which is a problem with internet routing.

The interweb works fine, I just can't log back into GW!
N/A

online gaming

I dunno what plusnet have done upgrading to 8mb But it realy has messed up the online games Cry I have sent mesages to plusnet but they say that that haven't had any complaints from online gamers. Well i thought they must be taking the piss Shockedops: iv decided that will leave plusnet.

Thanks for all your replys
N/A

online gaming

i too have been having problems,

i have set up a ticket and they just gave me a snoty reply. i play css online and on 75% + of the servers i have a 500+ ping which as you know you cant play on...

i have 2 servers on the same ip with different ports ending with 27015 and 27045. 27015 server is fine but the other is 500+ ping.

they said 'only ports 27015, 25 30 40 are prioritised'...well sort that shit out then. never had this problem before.

giving plusnet a weeks grace then its going
N/A

ff

i am having major problems with pes5 online.
rang plusnet no joy just emailed them too
going to give it 5 days then i will leave plusnet if they do not sort it, many i know who have plusnet are leaving. i wil jump ship if this carrys on
N/A

High Pingage

I too play various games, BF2, RVS, CSS MTA etc and am seeing hugh pings and bad lag. I have tried repeatedly to connect to different gateways but even when I do get on a diff one it doesnt help.

Ventrillo and all games seem affected.

Been happening for a few weeks now.

Please someone look into it Sad