cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more internet gaming problems

N/A

i have been having problems with plusnet since before christmas now. i can surf the net but i cannot play online games. the particular game is shot online.i cannot play the game until after 11pm every night because if i try and log in before then i get disconnected from the server.

i have opened several questions which plusnet like to close and dismiss without the problem actually being solved. i am at the end of my teather now. the speed is fine according to plusnet ,i have done bt tests and i usually get a speed between 3.5 and 4.5mbps.i have tried a different modem and tried the plug behind the normal socket to plug the modem in and it still doesnt help me.

i gave the port numbers the game uses to plusnet before xmas and this week they asked for them again for some reason.i gave them again and the person answering the question said oh ill add the port number and shut the question assuming this was the answer. this just goes to show that all plusnet are doing is fobbing us off with stupid answer all the time and not solving the fault.

the reason i have the internet connection in the first place is to play games and if it doesnt work there is not much need for their rubbish service anymore. the thing is i dont think i should pay the disconnection fee in the first place when i am not getting the service i pay for.i dont see why i should pay over £20 a month to surf the internet,i can do that with dial up.

what can i do?
5 REPLIES
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Hi,

I play a few on line games like BF2,BF2142CS and online poker. All work fine.

Have you tried playing any of the above or any other online games ?

If they work and the game you mentioned does not then go to the games forums and find out all the ports it needs open to work properly. If you can give example servers that will also help.
N/A

ive already given them the port numbers for the game twice
GersFans
Grafter

I play a few on line games like .... and online poker. All work fine.

Your poker works??

The only poker software I can get to connect properly on plusnet is Tribeca, I have given up with Ongame Network.. :roll: Evil
N/A

Well I'm very close to the end of my contract period so I'm off to, well any other ISP, I'd even go for AOL (cringe) at the moment because the quality of service provided by Plusnet is abysmal in the extreme for most things including games and it seems VoIP which I used to use whilst playing the games, if you know what's best for you, leave as soon as you can!
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

Hi,

I play on partypoker and it works fine even with other things going on in the back ground.