cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to start online gaming?

N/A

how to start online gaming?

Hi there,

I've finally managed to get my ADSL working, but I'm a bit stumped as how to go about starting to play online.

Can anybody point me towards a quick start guide please.

Also if anybody is interested in a game to show me the ropes, I own:

Half Life/Opposing force etc
NoLF
AvP2
Mechwarrior4
Jedi Outcast
Neverwinter Nights
Freespace 2
some others too

so is anybody up for a game?

Andy P
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: how to start online gaming?

> Hi there,
>
> I've finally managed to get my ADSL working, but I'm a bit stumped as how to go about starting to play online.
>
> Can anybody point me towards a quick start guide please.
>
> Also if anybody is interested in a game to show me the ropes, I own:
>
> Half Life/Opposing force etc
> NoLF
> AvP2
> Mechwarrior4
> Jedi Outcast
> Neverwinter Nights
> Freespace 2
> some others too
>
> so is anybody up for a game?
>

Hi m8. I play TFC and Counterstrike online. Counterstrike being one of the most popular ones. To play counterstrike or tfc, all you need is the original half life game, then update it to the current version. This will allow you to play TFC (Team Fortress Classic) .

So,

1) install half life
2) get current patch from http://www.sierra.com/games/half-life/support.html

i think the most current is 1.1.1.0

3) Once you have downloaded the patch and installed it double click your tfc icon and go into Multiplayer > Internet Games > Now click the filter tab and make sure the tabs 'are responding', 'are not empty','are running a game' are ticked. Now click Done then set your modem speed to dsl, then click Update and a list of servers that you can play on will appear.

To play Counterstrike, just go here http://www.counter-strike.net/mod_full.html?CogiFORCE

and download the full CS MOD package. Install it and play it by clicking the appropraiate icon and setting it up the same as above. Remember to set your filter to filter cstrike maps.

If you need any more info or want to have a game , then e-mail me: munk@digitalkillerz.co.uk

I play Counter-Strike and TFC most ,but i do have JKII Jedi Outcast and play it occasionally.

--
The wise man mocks the mocked, The mocked man mocks the mocker.....
Firejack
Grafter

Hi Andy.
I like your taste in games! I'm a HUGE MechWarrior 4 fan. I'd be happy to play with you sometime. Name a time and place (either on Zone.com or through ZoneMatch under the Multiplayer option from the main MechWarrior 4 menu) and I'll be there. I'm always looking for new recruits to the MechWarrior Clan I'm part of Cheesy

Later mate,

Andrew.
N/A

> Hi Andy.
> I like your taste in games! I'm a HUGE MechWarrior 4 fan. I'd be happy to play with you sometime. Name a time and place (either on Zone.com or through ZoneMatch under the Multiplayer option from the main MechWarrior 4 menu) and I'll be there. I'm always looking for new recruits to the MechWarrior Clan I'm part of Cheesy
>
> Later mate,
>
> Andrew.

I'ld love to have a go at multiplayer mechwarrior, the only trouble is that I haven't played it since it was released, I'll have to brush up on my piloting skills Smiley

I'm going to be very busy with the real world for the next few days, I'm also getting a new video card shortly and I'll want to get that installed and working properly so the earliest I'll be able to do will be towards the end of the week.

If you need to get in touch, you can email me on

uwantandy@andyp.plus.net

Andy
N/A

> uwantandy@andyp.plus.net

You mean uwantandy@andyp.plus.com don't you ;-)

Mike
N/A

> > uwantandy@andyp.plus.net
>
> You mean uwantandy@andyp.plus.com don't you ;-)
>
> Mike

oops, yes

Thanks Mike
Firejack
Grafter

Hi Andy.... the best place to play MechWarrior 4 is www.zone.com - like I mentioned before. You should head alone there sometime and try an open game. A Call To Trial is the best room to look in for a game.
I go by the callsign CDW_Firejack on Zone. Feel free to ask me any questions.

See ya around.

Later,

Andrew.

N/A

> Andy,

before you start heavily modifying your games and suchlike I would advise you to download a copy of gamespy3d from www.gamespy3d.com
Once downloaded this program will detect which games you have on your computer and install support for them. You will then have worldwide access to gameservers for your individual games. You then just click on a gameserver you like the look of (one with not too many players at first would be good, and one with a low ping (low ping means better speed)) and off you go. Anyway, read about it all on gamespy3d.com.

Cheers
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Personally I use All Seeing Eye as opposed to Gamespy. I find it much easier all round.

Get it from here http://www.udpsoft.com/eye/
espresso_mick
Grafter

Get yourself Kali from www.kali.net

It's the best I've used.