cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

graphics cards

N/A

graphics cards

yo dudes can you help.I need to upgrade my graphics card im currently on xp and using a ati radeon 128 9200 .i wont to upgrade to 256 and have about £100 pounds to spend .i need advise on which card would be the way to go eg nvidia ,fx,radeon, and so on any advise would be gratefull thanks :lol:
3 REPLIES
N/A

graphics cards

I am not sure u will get a 256 for 100 pounds try 200 plus maybe.
Community Veteran

graphics cards

For your budget, the only options I see is an ATI Radian 9600 with 256Megs or the Nvidia GeForce FX5600XT 256Megs or NVidia GeForce FX5700 256Megs. There is a 256Meg version of the card you already have but I guess you will want a better graphics chip as well.

Search around online for the best prices, all should be around the £100->£120 mark excluding delivery etc. I spotted all the above on www.overclockers.co.uk
Community Veteran

graphics cards

I am not sure u will get a 256 for 100 pounds

Yes you can. They may not be the fastest around but £100 still buys a lot of graphics power today, including 256Megs of ram.

Kevin,

There are actually very few games around that need 256Megs or can utilise it on your graphics card so I'm not sure what gains you expect to make with the extra memory. You may be paying a premium for the extra memory when buying a faster graphics card with only 128Megs may actually yield a better playing environment.

As for the best card, the Radeon is currently better than the Nvidea versions according to most benchmark websites so I would go with that.