cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting ps2 online

N/A

getting ps2 online

Please help - can't get my PS2 online. I connect to the internet with my PC through a NAT box router. Set up using PPPoA.

So unplug the PC and plug the PS2 into the router an it does not work. The PS2 set up it states PPPoE - Is this the problem, if so do Plusnet support it? Other settings look fine (although there is limited space to enter my account name on the PS2 setup screen!).

C
5 REPLIES
N/A

getting ps2 online

Have u checked ur ethernet cable is a cross over cable.
N/A

cable

im using the right cable - but still won't work Sad
N/A

getting ps2 online

Your using a router connection well the only advice i can give u is go 2 playstation.com and see what they say about router connections. I have xbox live and i think its much better 2 use and set up.
N/A

getting ps2 online

You can chooe PPPOA from the menu and it will ask for ip address details. PPPOE is for cable users.
N/A

getting ps2 online

I have my PS2 connected to broadband through my router with no problems. As my router includes an ADSL modem within it (Netgear DG814) and takes care of the internet connection, DHCP, etc, I didn't configure the PS2 to use a username or password. It simply connects to my LAN with a network cable and shares the internet connection nicely with my PCs.

If you have a router to take acre of that side of things, just plug your PS2 into it and set the PS2 to not have to log on to net with username / password.

Hope that helps (if you havn't sorted it already!),
Steven