cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding mates online

N/A

finding mates online

Help!

Myself and two mates have tried in vain to play against each other online. Using either Call of Duty or Jedi Academy we keep finding the same problems:

Setting up a private game is a nightmare, even if one us manages it, the others cannot see the game listed.

Going the easy route and joining an existing game is no better because we get different lists presented and can't find a game with the same name to join.

What are we doing wrong, is it really so hard to create your own game and get your mates to join in for a three way bit of online combat.

Any help, gratefully received!
17 REPLIES
N/A

finding mates online

have you tried using Xfire, its a brilliant gaming messenger, that shows on-offline status also which game your playing, and if on a server, it will show server details, port number IP etc

Totally Free
Xfire

Or maybe a gaming browser such as The All seeing eye, one off SMALL fee gives you a lifetime licence, to track games, buddies etc etc
Once of payment (around £20 when I took it) for lifetime licence
All seeing Eye
N/A

finding mates online

with jedi academy have you BOTH upgraded to the 1.01 patch?

you could use the All seeing eye for FREE (trial, but it works nicely), just input the IP of the server, and you can find the server easily

also for jedi academy make sure you upgrade the server patch as well
Community Veteran

finding mates online

robynfali's suggestion to use X-Fire is definately a good idea! The program also lets you enter favourite servers, so you can see at a glance who is on them etc!
Good IM app with group chat as well now! Smiley

Just get it and see! A gamers delight for sure Smiley

Regarding your problem seeing each other when you setup your own game server from home:-
1:- Are you behind routers? If so you will prob need to enable "ping from the net" to be able to see each other.
2:- Software firewall? Same answer as above!

If this doesn't solve the problem, you may need to look at forwarding game ports in your router setup.

Hope that helps. If not there is always "Google" Trust me "Google" is your friend! :lol: Smiley
Community Veteran

finding mates online

The likes of moulinrouge get right up my nose!!

Wasting mine and other peoples time!
Don't post in the first place if you ain't gonna return to check the answers!

Probably posted on a dozen other forums, got his answers at one of em, and couldn't be bothered to return to the others. U SUX moulinrouge!

Of course moulinrouge won't read this, but I felt I needed to vent! Tongue

Sorry to waste other peoples time who came here and had to read my rant! :lol:
N/A

finding mates online

well maybe a reply would have been nice, to say what he was gonna do, but, not the end of the world lol!
Community Veteran

finding mates online

well maybe a reply would have been nice, to say what he was gonna do, but, not the end of the world lol!

Bah! shut up robynfali U SUX!!

Tongue :lol: j/k
N/A

finding mates online

probably get deleted but

N/A

finding mates online

Damnit, get yourself on a game and start killing each other.
N/A

finding mates online

u startin....lol
N/A

finding mates online

:twisted: Name the game
N/A

finding mates online

tiddlywinks!!!

an I get firs' go!
Community Veteran

finding mates online