cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting to x-box live !!!!!!

N/A

still no joy connecting to x-box live. am using a direct link using a D-Link modem. so far i have input the following:

1) IP ADDRESSES
a) manual configuration
b) IP address (i've found my static IP here)
c) Subnet mask (255.255.255.0 - kindly donated by someone here)
d) Gateway (same as my static IP)

2) DNS SERVERS
Manual config again and the primary and secondary servers being ~.13.49 and ~.13.50

3) PPPOE SETTINGS
Manual config
a)User name (my Plusnet login name)
b) Passwaord (plusnet password)
c) Service name (Do I need to put anything hereHuh??)

4) ADVANCED
a)Wireless - not a wireless connection
b) HOST NAME (Does PLusnet require a host name and if so what is it?)
c) MAC Address (found this in my network connection settings)

can anyone tell me what's missing or what i've done wrong? Do i need to contact Plusnet to have any ports unblocked?
15 REPLIES
N/A

have you tried letting it do it automaticallyHuh I know i messed about trying to input everything but it idnt seem to work... set it on auto and wohoooo!! away we went Smiley

Im set up differently tho.. im using the ethernet card in my pc and a crossover cable.... there are loads of things on here about setting up Xbox live.. maybe try a search and see if that can help? Sorry i cant be of any more use.... good luck!

Also.. once your set up let us know what games you have.... Smiley
jberry
Grafter

If you are connecting it behind your router and assuming you don't have a block of static IP addressed the IP address of the XBox should be 192.168.x.x at a guess. You will have to check and see what IP address your router is on and choose one in the same range. If you put in your ADSL static IP address then it won't work.

Regards,
N/A

have tried letting it do it automatically but had no joy which is why i'm trying to manually configure it. the only game i'll be playing when i get live is Halo 2. anyone else bought it. went through campaign and was dissapointed. thought it would be much better than it was. played it on x-box live at a friends and it's great .

i'm not behind a router (yet). i've been connecting my x-box directly to my modem. as i understood it i had to input my static adsl IP address and use my pc's Mac address for my x-box.

how do i find out my modem's IP address is then?
N/A

After a month of tedious working on setting up Live through ICS, I've gottent all the way to the point where it tries to connect to Live. It just won't connect. Anyone that has set it up this way successfully, please give me some suggestions! E-mail address: spanky@spanky.plus.com. Thanks.
N/A

You cant set it up via ics. Its the easiest way eva. You have a crossover cable right and what operating system do you have HuhHuh?
N/A

It WAS easy to setup. Just having XBox Live connect isn't working. Of course I have a crossover. I'm a Network Technician. My OS is XP Pro.

I can play XBox Connect, so I know that my computer is set up properly. I'm just wondering if there is something else that could be done.
N/A

Is your version of xp pro oem version as i hear some oem versions dont have ics. Update drivers maybe. Maybe a firewall is blocking it out
N/A

No, it isn't the oem version. My computer is totally up to date. This is sooo messed up. Grrrr... need.... Halo 2....
N/A

I cant think why it dont work. You no when you stick in your cables does your network sign on your pc still have the red cross over it or has that gone which it should be.
N/A

You aren't paying attention to what I'm saying. I have IP and DNS confirmation AND I can play XBox Connect. I just can't connect to XBox Live.
N/A

Then i have no idea why it dont work for ya. It just dont make any sense. All i can surgest now is ring xbox up or sumert. I mean the way i set it up is via ics and all i do it enable sharing on that network card and plug in the cable and bamm works.

Sorry for no being able to help any further
N/A

same as bodge. trying to connect to xbox live using modem/wireless router with a direct link and keep getting 'dns server error' response! can anyone give me a clue?
Delves
Grafter

I'm not sure whats wrong.. what firewall are you using? have you opened the correct ports for XBL.

ICS works a treat for me so you should definatly be able to get it working.
N/A

I use ICS and I have no luck. I've gotten all the way to "Connecting to XBox Live!" And I just get the message saying that it can't connect. I get the IP and DNS just no XBox Live.

I need to get this fixed so I can 0wn on Halo 2.