Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bf2 problem

jamitch
Grafter

bf2 problem

i have been having some problems on bf2 and wondering if some1 can help me

when i go onto the game my ping starts out at about 10-30 on uk servers (i.e. plusnet bf2 server) but after a while i start to lag and become very glitchy and jittery and my ping raises to between 400-1000 and i get a message saying
There is a problem with your connection

now after this happens a few times it becomes completly unplayable my hardrvie light constantly flashes and then i have to quit it.

then i try to play my other game which is sof2 and my ping is 10-20 higher than normal and the game becomes glitchy and twitchy when it is normally dead smooth

so any help welcome

cheers
10 REPLIES
N/A

bf2 problem

what hardware you running.

Does your pc have the minimum spec.

I am some times glitchy at the start and then it goes.

R u on a router eg wireless or wired. If it wireless you could be loosing the signal but doubt that would happen all the time.
jamitch
Grafter

bf2 problem

my hardware is

asus a7n8x-e deluxe
amd athlon xp 3200+
1 gb of corsiar xms ram
160 gig seagate barracuda hard drive
nvidia fx 5900 xt

im on a 1mb adsl line no wireless router etc

so any suggestions now Smiley
all help greatfully recieved
N/A

bf2 problem

Hi i too am having the same problems even thogh everytime i check my badwidth i am at 1900 + download speeds of 239k a sec. i am running a pentium 4 prescott with 1 gig and have a geforce 5900xt graphics card. It was suggested it was possibly a problem with bf2 being a beta but when i log into the server which is rented by some freinds and myself from multiplay uk i have pings of 200+ and everyone else is between 25 and 50.
N/A

bf2 problem

the demo is not a beta what i have read it is a final version based on the final game.

As he dmeo was released while the game was in production so an of these probs you are finding should be placed in ea forum so they can patch it probably when it is out and so far there over 300 post on negitive stuff and only 80 positive....

EA need to get a brain and learn how to actually release a game without problems
N/A

bf2 problem

i coulda sworn in the startup screen there is a message saying that it does NOT represent the final version??

as for the connection problems, you are not alone, LOADS of us having same hassles!
jamitch
Grafter

bf2 problem

one thing which i did spot and worry about was, that when in the game options u can only select interent settings of
cable
or
T1/lan

now this probably wont make any difference, but would this maybe affect people on adsl because there is no setting for it ?
N/A

bf2 problem

No as cable and adsl are pretty similar it only really asking for how fast your connection is to ensure you are on a connection that will perform well within the game.

Cable speeds are pretty similar to adsl speeds but are more stable and you generally get what you paid for where with adsl you get what your line can handle at that present time.
jamitch
Grafter

bf2 problem

ok thx for that :roll:
N/A

bf2 problem

I'd say that ADSL if far more stable than cable. I used to be on NTL and had no end of disconnections with them, on ADSL however if your connection goes down its a very rare occurance. With cable i'd probably get at least 3 disconnect's a week, on ADSL i dont think i've had that many in a year.

Andy.
N/A

bf2 problem

Right i have sort of solved my problem to a fasion. I have got my ping down to 20 ish.
What i did was i demilitarized my router (Dropped my firewall completely) although this is not a recommended solution it proves that the problem dosent lie with plusnet but is just a simple case of knowing which ports to forward on my router to allow the game to play.