cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a question about networking my xbox-please help

N/A

Sorry if this sound confusing but i have hunted and hunted for some info on this but i am no further forward.I would really appreciate some help if you can.
I have a netgear dg834g downstairs connected with my xbox.
My pc is upstairs and connected to the netgear with a wireless usb device.
I have the Avalaunch dashboard and i can receive the updates and have streaming radio through my xbox.So i know my internet connection is fine here.Now when i run the msdash to get into xbox live it says my internet connection is not set up correctly.
I would also like to use either xbconnect and kai link but with the way my setup is i don't know if its possible.
i want to have my xbox downstairs with the router and leave my pc upstairs wirelessly connected to the router.Is this possible ? I heard about a crossover cable to connect pc straight to xbox but i don't want to do this.Would the crossover cable work through the router with my pc connected wirelessly ?

I am expecting a few people to start on me for having my xbox modded but i have done this to open up some fantastic new features like the emulators and xbmc.I do buy original games so i know xbox live should be ok.Plus i can switch my mod off.

As i said earlier i would really appreciate anyones help here.
Thankyou for your time.
All the best
1 REPLY
N/A

Manually set your ip, gateway and dns for each machine.
Thats what i did with a similar setup to yours (same router) no problems at all.