cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet again a DNS problem for PS2

adil33
Dabbler

I have a problem with the DNS on my PS2's network diagnostics, i have used all 4 of the DNS server addresses, i have a USB modem so i have just networked my PC to my PS2, i have made a DNS for my network and tired that but still i have no luck. Has anyone out there got any idea's?
2 REPLIES
N/A

Are you saying your PS2 connects to the internet via your PC and it's modem?

Unfortunately I cant say Ive ever had this problem. My ADSL router gets assigned PlusNet's DNS servers, and my ADSL router just configures the PS2 via DHCP with the DNS server of my ADSL router whenever it wants to connect, and for me this works fine. I dont have any issues with having to setup DNS manually or any of that stuff.

How is your PS2 configured? Manually or via DHCP from your computer? If it is manually, then make sure you are using a unique static address on the same subnet, and that you have configured your PC as the default gateway

When you begin the network diagnostics on your PS2, can you ping the IP address of the PS2 from your computer?
jabb0
Grafter

I have went online with PS2 on a few occassions, and found that my firewall jus said no.
So i switched it off and hay presto, thay was back when i was using and ICS connection, now i jus plug it into da router and hey presto.
I luv my router - it just works, i set it up once and that was it, internet is always there, i would defo recomend buying one to anyone wanting to connect more than one compo to a phoneline - yeah its expensive but think of all the hair you will save.