cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xfire woes

robcr
Grafter

Xfire woes

My Xfire connection keeps dropping and I am sure it is to do with the current traffic shaping which is happening around here as this was not an issue until recently.

Are any of you guys who use Xfire suffering loss of connection with Xfire?
9 REPLIES
bikepump
Grafter

Xfire woes

i use it and have constant disconnects - so much so that i haven't used it in weeks
Firejack
Grafter

Xfire woes

I had a ticket open for weeks on the issue without a solution. Since then I've moved from Premier to PAYG it works fine now.
N/A

Xfire woes

Same problems here - times out for hours and then stays connected for a few - Looks like this is in addition to the problems with teamspeack as well - plus doesnt like gamers Sad
_lecro_
Grafter

Xfire woes

theres a good chance its an xfire problem,
many of my clan members have had problems with xfire during the last few months and believe it or not they arnt all on minusnet

Jeez i know its hard to believe lol
N/A

Xfire woes

hmm - i had put it down to xfire as I checked with all my xfire contacts and its only the guys on plus that had the issues - I've raised a ticket and the reply was they will add it to the preferential game list (although its already on there!!) - However, it could be that xfire has changed the location/and/or address of the logon server.

Also since I posted the ticket I have not been disconnected Wink
Prod_Man
Grafter

Xfire woes

i used to get timed out just as i was logging in on XFire, many occations i'd be logged in but i was logged off strait away, my way round it ?

the only way for quick login and to stop as much disconnecting on XFire (for me) was to make it save my password (as an MD5 Crypt in the box i believe).

it saves time in authenticating and meant me getting less disconnects, but even they still happen, though i get occational messages:
"High latency detected between you and the server, your last messages were not recieved"

Jim,
N/A

Xfire woes

I use Xfire and mine used to suck bad with logins, now it's great but the downloading and sending file is extremly bad
_lecro_
Grafter

Xfire woes

Yea even when setup correctly the file transfer with xfire is so slow as to be almost unworkable :?
Personally i just login to msn to send files Wink
N/A

Xfire woes

I used to have d/c problems aswell. but in feb i changed computers and its been fine. :?