cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox to xbox connection

N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

Hi a friend and I both have an Xbox connected to the net via ICS and Xbox live, 1 other mate has same setup but no Xbox Live, how can we all play halo2 together over the net like a lan?

(if you know please explain, not one word answers please)

thanks in advance

Jules
6 REPLIES
N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

I am not 100% sure, but I dont think so, because you will both have the same IP address, not sure if servers allow two connections from same IP, I could and probably am wrong tho.

Has your friend got his own BB connection? it might be easier that way, if you both connect to same game from different locations?
N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

all have xbox connected to pc's with adsl via ICS ,
N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

your friend will need the xbox live kit to go over the net, if your not in the same location,
N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

You can use an app called Xlink (www.teamxlink.co.uk) that runs on your PC and uses packet capturing to emulate a local LAN connection to your Xbox over the internet.

All you need to do is install and register Xlink on each of your PCs (on the same LAN as your Xbox) and then join games using the System Link option from your Xbox.

I also used to use a program called XBConnect but in my opinion Xlink is much easier to use, and far more reliable - the lag levels can often be lower than on Live in my experience.

I suggest looking on their forums (www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/) as pretty much every question you may have is answered there.

If you fancy any games once you're signed up, my Xlink username is Guntrip add me if you want a game or any help.

Good luck and happy gaming Smiley

Simon
Delves
Grafter

Xbox to xbox connection

Most people use xbox connect to play halo over the net, no voice though so don't build you mates hopes to high.

http://www.xbconnect.com/
N/A

Xbox to xbox connection

Well, there's voice in any game the supports voice over System Link since that's what both these systems (Xlink and XBConnect) are emulating.

For example, Halo 2 will allow voice using either of these systems just as it does on Live, with the added bonus that Halo 2 System Link even allows multiple players on one console to use voice and not even Live lets you do that.

As for XBConnect, I did mention it, but having tried both systems extensively I've found Xlink Kai to be much more intuitive, plus it's fairly easy to use custom dashboards to control the client directly thus needing no access to the PC while playing, changing games etc.

Regards

Simon