cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live working but for how long!!

N/A

i have xbox live and i have all the right settings and everythingand i even play on it but why is it that frequantly i keep getting a message saying ur xbox live is not responding all the sudden and i have to start trouble shooter. so i do and it keep saying ur dns servers are incorrect when there right! can somone tell me the cause of the problem becuase its driving me nuts.Sad i have a feeling it might be my router btvoyager2100 becuasemy one of the laptops wernt connecting at the time either!! anyone else have this problem and does anyone know how to stop this from happening!
4 REPLIES
N/A

If you have a PC attached, try to ping a known working computer (like www.plus.net) and see if you get a response.

If you get a response, it is your Xbox settings or connecting cable.

If you do not get a response, it is your router, phone cable, phone line or a problem at the plus net end.

With your router, try resetting it (turn off for 10 mins) or even set it to factory defaults and set up again (if you are happy doing that). If there are still issues, ask BT to check the line for interference - we used to get a little old lady on the line all the time due to a corroded connection in the green box at the end of the road.

If all that works, see if you can borrow a router, set it up on your line and test it to see if that works better. Some routers also have diagnostics systems that will let you know if the connection is up and how good it is.

Finally, make sure no-one is using the smae connection at the time - someone starting a big dowload could slow your broadband connection to the extent where the Xbox loses connectivity.
N/A

God I hope there are no Plusnet probs with Live. I switched from Pipex and was hoping to continue having Halo 2 fun!
N/A

I've been using Live over Plus.net for a tear and a half with no major problems. Most games are lag free, and it has only been down a handful of times, mostly when BT were upgrading my local line or connection speed.
N/A

I tell you one thing I suffer from beforehand and thats the infamous blue screen on Halo 2! Although this appears to be a Halo problem as opposed to a net problem.

Anyway, looking forward to lag free matches ... wireless permitting!