cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox live problem

N/A

Xbox live problem

Hi,

I have a strange xbox live issue. I have a plusnet account and play xbox live through a direct connection using a bt voyager 200 modem router. Every time I connect to xbox live I always have to do it two times as the first time always says cannot connect. Second time OK.

My second problemm relates to the computer which runs seperately using a voyager 105 usb modem. When trying to connect to the internet after using xbox live it always says the following: (error 734 PPP link control protocol was terminated.) Smiley Smiley

Are the problems linked is there anything I can do?

Thanks for your help
7 REPLIES
N/A

Xbox live problem

Seems everyone is confused with this one. I called plusnet for support but they couldn't give me an answer either.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Xbox live problem

This should now be fixed, can someone test this for me please?
N/A

Xbox live problem

No it has not! Sad
N/A

Xbox live problem

Well i posted this problem at the beginning of july and still no fix. I have contacted xbox live, plusnet and the rest of the world but no one can help me.

I have a voyager bt 200 router connecting directly to live but it never connects first time. Second time OK. I have disabled the firewall and added the IP in the DMZ settings as instructed my live support but no joy?
N/A

Xbox live problem

Sounds like your gonna have to connect via another method. Try ics if you still have your old usb modem.
N/A

Xbox live problem

Just sorted it. Xbox live advised me to put the ip address in the DMZ (haven't a clue what this is all about) settings of the router and disable the firewall.

I have done both before but I didn't save the new settings after each adjustment. It connects first time now. So I don't know if it was the dmz or firewall. Doesn't matter it's working. A small problem I know but it was frustrating. thanks.
N/A

Xbox live problem

Erk, REALLY hope there are no probs with this. Going to be using a wireless router/modem for Live, it BETTER run dreamy!
Nothing worse than shooting at shadows....