cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

N/A

Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Hi
Does anyone know if the Speedtouch 510 v4 router
Will work with the Xbox

Thnx in advance

Jon
7 REPLIES
Delves
Grafter
Posts: 188
Registered: 26-08-2007

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

I've asked round a few Xbox forums and the only reply I got was as follows

Well I know for a fact that Speedtouch 530 works with the Xbox, infact MS are even selling them, I just wish I could find that bloody link... make a saving of 1 whole pound!!!!!

www.dslsource.co.uk do the speedtouch modems/routers... but yeah... if 530 works then 510 should.... in theory... but 530 is recommended.


> Hi
> Does anyone know if the Speedtouch 510 v4 router
> Will work with the Xbox
>
> Thnx in advance
>
> Jon

N/A

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Hi DJ

Thanx for the info,

I looked at the 530 but did not want usb for my pc.
Guess i will just take a chance on the 510 Smiley

Jon


> I've asked round a few Xbox forums and the only reply I got was as follows
>
> Well I know for a fact that Speedtouch 530 works with the Xbox, infact MS are even selling them, I just wish I could find that bloody link... make a saving of 1 whole pound!!!!!
>
> www.dslsource.co.uk do the speedtouch modems/routers... but yeah... if 530 works then 510 should.... in theory... but 530 is recommended.
N/A

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Hi again DJ

I have just been on dslsorce.co.uk and they are actually selling the Xbox with the 510 in a bundle, so I guess it must work Smiley

Jon
Delves
Grafter
Posts: 188
Registered: 26-08-2007

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Go for it then, what price are they charging for it. Once your up and running let us know what games you've got. I'm on Live as 'JJ the Avenger' JJ being my son.

Check out http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/ if you want a good UK base Xbox forum.

> Hi again DJ
>
> I have just been on dslsorce.co.uk and they are actually selling the Xbox with the 510 in a bundle, so I guess it must work Smiley
>
> Jon

N/A

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

> Go for it then, what price are they charging for it. Once your up and running let us know what games you've got. I'm on Live as 'JJ the Avenger' JJ being my son.
>
> Check out http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/ if you want a good UK base Xbox forum.

Hi Dj

£97 + vat
The only game i got at the mo that is live compatible is motogp, wot have u got.

Also do u know wot leads i will need 4 pc & xbox?, I`m thinkin straight patch leads not crossover.

Jon


Delves
Grafter
Posts: 188
Registered: 26-08-2007

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Hi Jonathan

Yeah straight patch leads from a switch, hub, router etc. you only need a crossover if you connecting network cards directly.

I've got the Demo disk with moto gp and mech assault, I'm hoping to get unreal champ as soon as I get paid.

Have you thought about your gametag yet.


> > Go for it then, what price are they charging for it. Once your up and running let us know what games you've got. I'm on Live as 'JJ the Avenger' JJ being my son.
> >
> > Check out http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/ if you want a good UK base Xbox forum.
>
> Hi Dj
>
> £97 + vat
> The only game i got at the mo that is live compatible is motogp, wot have u got.
>
> Also do u know wot leads i will need 4 pc & xbox?, I`m thinkin straight patch leads not crossover.
>
> Jon
>
>
>

N/A

RE: Xbox & Speetouch 510 v4 Router

Hi Dj

I Usually use Alien but it may already be used so i`ll have to wait and see.

Well I just sent off for the speedtouch 510, Should be here friday which is when my isdn connection is being taken out.

I`ve played unreal when my m8t bought it round, Found the controls a bit imprecise but then I`m used to counter strike on PC.

Jon



> Hi Jonathan
>
> Yeah straight patch leads from a switch, hub, router etc. you only need a crossover if you connecting network cards directly.
>
> I've got the Demo disk with moto gp and mech assault, I'm hoping to get unreal champ as soon as I get paid.
>
> Have you thought about your gametag yet.
>
>