cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox & Speedtouch 510v4 router

N/A

Xbox & Speedtouch 510v4 router

Hi

I have just tried to connect my Xbox to the 510 and nothing, they just don`t seem to be communicating at all.

The Xbox just says can`t make connection check cable, but I have tried 4 different cables !

The router shows no sign that the Xbox is connected, no lan lights.

Anyone got any ideas as I`m stumped

Thanks

Jon
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Xbox & Speedtouch 510v4 router

> Hi
>
> I have just tried to connect my Xbox to the 510 and nothing, they just don`t seem to be communicating at all.
>
> The Xbox just says can`t make connection check cable, but I have tried 4 different cables !
>
> The router shows no sign that the Xbox is connected, no lan lights.
>
> Anyone got any ideas as I`m stumped
>
> Thanks

try buying a pc, that should work
>
> Jon

N/A

> try buying a pc, that should work
> >
You think I typed this on my Xbox Wink

Jon
>
>

Delves
Grafter

What type of cable are you using, It should be a straight for connection to a router. If you have a cross and a NIC in your PC (which you must) try a direct connection to the PC, allocate your Xbox with an IP and try and ping it, you wont see it any other way.

Silly question but you have tried all the port's on the router.

Other that that I'm not sure. I know the Xbox can be given a MAC address so it works with your IP but this is probably furether down the line.

Have you any mates with an xbox, try their's and see if you get any lights.

Regards

Dave

>
> > try buying a pc, that should work
> > >
> You think I typed this on my Xbox Wink
>
> Jon
> >
> >
>
>

N/A

> What type of cable are you using, It should be a straight for connection to a router. If you have a cross and a NIC in your PC (which you must) try a direct connection to the PC, allocate your Xbox with an IP and try and ping it, you wont see it any other way.
>
> Silly question but you have tried all the port's on the router.
>
> Other that that I'm not sure. I know the Xbox can be given a MAC address so it works with your IP but this is probably furether down the line.
>
> Have you any mates with an xbox, try their's and see if you get any lights.
>
> Regards
>
> Dave
>
> >
Hi DJ

I got my mate to bring his Xbox round on friday and it connected straight away, looks like my xbox is nackered.

Phoned microsoft and there going to pick it up next week, ho hum.

Jon
Delves
Grafter

Don't worry to much, from what I've been told they turn them around quite quickly.

Hope you get I soon, what games are you going to be playing.

> > What type of cable are you using, It should be a straight for connection to a router. If you have a cross and a NIC in your PC (which you must) try a direct connection to the PC, allocate your Xbox with an IP and try and ping it, you wont see it any other way.
> >
> > Silly question but you have tried all the port's on the router.
> >
> > Other that that I'm not sure. I know the Xbox can be given a MAC address so it works with your IP but this is probably furether down the line.
> >
> > Have you any mates with an xbox, try their's and see if you get any lights.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > >
> Hi DJ
>
> I got my mate to bring his Xbox round on friday and it connected straight away, looks like my xbox is nackered.
>
> Phoned microsoft and there going to pick it up next week, ho hum.
>
> Jon

N/A

Hi Dj

They picked it up on friday, so hopefully not to long to wait.

> Hope you get I soon, what games are you going to be playing.

I`ve only got MotoGP that is Xbox live compatable at the mo.

What games do you play/recommend ?

Jon
Delves
Grafter

Moto GP is good fun. I'm playing MechAssault, I kike it lots of people slate it though. Unreal Championship is the only other game I've tried buyt Its to fast for me, just can't get away with it.

There's quite a few new ones comming next month. If your into your Xbox and you want a good forum take a look here http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/.

> Hi Dj
>
> They picked it up on friday, so hopefully not to long to wait.
>
> > Hope you get I soon, what games are you going to be playing.
>
> I`ve only got MotoGP that is Xbox live compatable at the mo.
>
> What games do you play/recommend ?
>
> Jon

N/A

Hi DJ

Just got my Xbox Back today and it seems to be connecting ok now Smiley

Got to wait until march 14 for live kit now though as i didn`t send off for it before feb 14 Sad

Still only 2 weeks, gives me time to finnish Halo.

Catch you online soon

Jon

> Moto GP is good fun. I'm playing MechAssault, I kike it lots of people slate it though. Unreal Championship is the only other game I've tried buyt Its to fast for me, just can't get away with it.
>
> There's quite a few new ones comming next month. If your into your Xbox and you want a good forum take a look here http://www.britxbox.co.uk/forums/.