cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Live

Delves
Grafter

Xbox Live

Has anyone had experience of using Xbox Live through a PlusNet connection. Just wondering how well it worked.

Regards

Dave
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Xbox Live

Just orderd it, hope i can use it. I will let you know when it arrives

Sblick

Delves
Grafter

Hi Simon

I've got my kit but its gone away for santa (kids present). I just took a chance, however, I've since had it confirmed by PlusNet and another user that it works Ok.

What games have you got, we went for MechAssault.

Regards

Dave

> Just orderd it, hope i can use it. I will let you know when it arrives
>
> Sblick
>
>

N/A

Hi Dave, just got confirmation it was shipped on friday, so fingers crossed i will have it soon. I went for MechAssult to. I also have Splinter Cell which has Live content which you can download.

What modem do you have as i have a usb modem for the pc connection, and i dont think i can use it for Xbox Live.

Cheers
Sblick
Delves
Grafter

If your running XP on the PC and have a networkcard you can setup Internet Connection Sharing on the PC, connect your Xbox to the PC using a CAT5 crossover cable, if your running a firewall you will need to open some ports, once you've done that all should work.

> Hi Dave, just got confirmation it was shipped on friday, so fingers crossed i will have it soon. I went for MechAssult to. I also have Splinter Cell which has Live content which you can download.
>
> What modem do you have as i have a usb modem for the pc connection, and i dont think i can use it for Xbox Live.
>
> Cheers
> Sblick

N/A

Cool, i will try it tonight if i get chance and let you know how it goes.

Sblick (simon)

> If your running XP on the PC and have a networkcard you can setup Internet Connection Sharing on the PC, connect your Xbox to the PC using a CAT5 crossover cable, if your running a firewall you will need to open some ports, once you've done that all should work.
>
> > Hi Dave, just got confirmation it was shipped on friday, so fingers crossed i will have it soon. I went for MechAssult to. I also have Splinter Cell which has Live content which you can download.
> >
> > What modem do you have as i have a usb modem for the pc connection, and i dont think i can use it for Xbox Live.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Sblick
>
>

N/A

Friend of mine has xbox but not in BB area, wants to connect through my ADSL, does this mean I/he would need to purchase a network card? I'm connected via usb modem. Also am running win me OS.
Any advice greatfully received.

Ja

>
> > If your running XP on the PC and have a networkcard you can setup Internet Connection Sharing on the PC, connect your Xbox to the PC using a CAT5 crossover cable, if your running a firewall you will need to open some ports, once you've done that all should work.
Delves
Grafter

Hi Ja

The Xbox already has a network card built in. He would need to bring his Xbox to your place and go from there.

Options:

If your DSL modem has an RJ45 connection he can connect the Xbox directly to the modem via a crossover cable, no PC at the same time. If Win ME supports Internect Connection Sharing and you have a network card in the PC you can set this up and connect the Xbox to the PC, crossover cable again, and play away.

See http://www.xbox.com/uk/live/intro.htm for all the info you need.

> Friend of mine has xbox but not in BB area, wants to connect through my ADSL, does this mean I/he would need to purchase a network card? I'm connected via usb modem. Also am running win me OS.
> Any advice greatfully received.
>
> Ja
>
> >
> > > If your running XP on the PC and have a networkcard you can setup Internet Connection Sharing on the PC, connect your Xbox to the PC using a CAT5 crossover cable, if your running a firewall you will need to open some ports, once you've done that all should work.
>

N/A

Dave, tried mine out last night. Connected through ICS on XP (laptop in the livingroom, disconnect PC from line in the games room). Took about 20min to set up in total, and played motoGP for 10mins before friends came round.

Looks pretty good, and played very well, just need to improve my game play as i was sitting at the back of the race all the way through.

Have fun
Sblick