cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBox Live Lag

N/A

XBox Live Lag

Has anyone here had trouble with severe lag on Xbox live?

I've been playing Halo the last couple of nights, and my ping seems to spend most of the time in the red.

I've got a 1Mb connection so it should be really high.
19 REPLIES
N/A

XBox Live Lag

ive not tried Halo 2 yet on the live bit.. but im probably one of the very few!!! Chance are there will be thousands of people trying to play at once!!!!

Did you have your PC running at the same time? I know when i play ET on the PC and hubby plays on the Xbox live it slows us both down Sad
jberry
Grafter

XBox Live Lag

Hi there,

Are you aware of the pipe balaning problems we have been experiencing on our ADSL platform?

This means that you can be on a overly busy pipe segment and what you need to do then is disconnect your ADSL and then reconnect a few seconds later to be assigned a different segment.

You can use the speed tester (in the connection settings) to see if you are having a problem.

Regards,
N/A

XBox Live Lag

Not seen any lag at all myself but rumour has it that the Bungie servers are a little overloaded at present.
Fantastic game. Cheesy
N/A

XBox Live Lag

it looks great... i cant play them tho as i have no control using the two sticks!!! Then again im not too hot when it comes to using the mouse either ! lol

Also just bought Half Life 2 for the PC.. not loaded it yet but probably will try and have a go tonight..... unless Enemy Territory call sme again! hahahah... (yes.. im rubbish.. but im addicted!)
N/A

XBox Live Lag

I also to play halo 2 alot and most games are fine its just when we get 14 man uk servers going lag city then
N/A

XBox Live Lag

I have a problem where in the middle of the HALO 2 games I get the blue screen come up saying "setting up game" it is not the screen that everyone gets when the host or another player leaves but one that only I get and only lasts for about 5-10 secs. My ping is always good before and after it so I don't think it's as a result of losing connection. I connect to Xbox live using the linksys wireless gaming adaptor and access point and I had no problems on HALO 2 live until about 4 days ago. Now it happens about 2 times a game.

Can anyone help me with this?
N/A

XBox Live Lag

Thats nothing to be woried about its just lag. Problem to many in the game, some yanks some from uk. Only way to sort out lag issues is stay with uk players or not have such a big game.
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

XBox Live Lag

I have a problem where in the middle of the HALO 2 games I get the blue screen come up saying "setting up game" it is not the screen that everyone gets when the host or another player leaves but one that only I get and only lasts for about 5-10 secs. My ping is always good before and after it so I don't think it's as a result of losing connection. I connect to Xbox live using the linksys wireless gaming adaptor and access point and I had no problems on HALO 2 live until about 4 days ago. Now it happens about 2 times a game.

Can anyone help me with this?

I've got EXACTLY the same problem !! Fine up until a few days ago, now it disconnects 2 times a game. I even went back to my NTL connection to prove it wasn't the xbox/game/router, and that was fine.

This needs the upmost urgency otherwise I will have to move my ADSL account to another provider.

please help
N/A

XBox Live Lag

I'm not sure if it is normal lag, as usually my connection would go in the red and get the normal lag symptoms etc... This seems totally different. and as someone else with a Plusnet account is having the same problem perhaps someone can shed a little light on it?
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

XBox Live Lag

I've been told that this is all part of the problems with BT and the redback/juniper situation (see in the ADSL section of the forum)

I have been advises to try and reconnect until i get on a non redback solution until they have sorted it out with BT

Unfortunately as BT is involved I doubt whether this situation is going to be solved very soon. I will try and reconnect tonight. However if this doesn't work and Plusnet are unable to give me a timescale when they will fix this (my plusnet account is used solely for xbox live), then it will be time to move.
N/A

XBox Live Lag

I am still getting this problem and after raising a "Contact Us" ticket have not got to the bottom of the problem. I just thought I would attempt the forums again before I give in, so can anyone help me?
nextgenconsoles
Grafter

XBox Live Lag

I basically kept resetting my router, until I found myself on the juniper pipe (used tracert to verify this) Since then (touch wood), I haven't had a problem.

However, if my router resets, or loses connection, then I have to go through it again. Not idea, and needs to be fixed soon othewise its bye bye plusnet. Good job I took a monthly subscription and not a full year
jberry
Grafter

XBox Live Lag

Hi there,

We made an announcement on this issue today in link:service status - although due to the nature of the work it is not going to be a quick fix. See the posting for details.

Regards,
Josh Berry
N/A

XBox Live Lag

How do I use tracert to verify that I am on the good pipe? And also I couldn't find where the issue was covered in the announcement, but I might just be missing it Wink