cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBox - Direct connection

N/A

XBox - Direct connection

I'm not really interested in hooking the xbox up to my pc but i would like to know if the A360 USB Modem has the necessary reuqirements to work with the 'Direct Connection' style from:
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/start/connect/direct/
8 REPLIES
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

I don't think so as that guide talks about the modem having an ethernet connection, but as far as I know the A360 has a USB connection.
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

Thanks for replying,
Could anyone recommend a 'cheap', modem wth the ethernet extra that would be suitable?
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

If i were you, i'd use Internet connection sharing.

Buy a cheap ethernet card from www.ebuyer.com and a crossover cable. Connect your xbox to your pc, and your set.
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

I want the xbox to be downstairs though. Don't think my pops wud be too please if I knocked a hole in the ceiling :p
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

Although costly to setup, you could go wireless
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

I'm not fussed with having it intergatred with my pc or this necessary for the xbox to work with plusnet?
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

There is no need to have it intergrated with your PC. For Xbox, you don't need a PC at all.

However, if you wish to stick with the USB method, you will need to use internet connection sharing on the PC, and connect the Xbox to the PC with a ethernet cable.

This will then require the PC to be switched on and connected to use the Xbox.

With a router option, the router takes care of all the connection, so any ethernet enabled device can access the internet, including rh Xbox.

This will remove the requirment for the PC to be on, and rotuers use far less power.

Going wireless with a router will mean that no cables are needed. It shares the internet connection accros multiple ethernet enabled or wireless enabled devices.
N/A

XBox - Direct connection

Thanks for your help