cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X box live ??

N/A

X box live ??

What do you mean when you say you should get a switch fitted?
Will I have any problems connecting to 'live'Huh
11 REPLIES
N/A

Re: X box live ??

If you have a modchip installed and running when you login to xbox-live your xbox will be banned from using their service and it is very hard to get a new key.

If you dont have a modchip in your xbox dont worry about it. All the switch does is disable the modchip.

I am not 100% on this but the same will go if you have changed your xbox bios (no modchip required if the xbox's bios is replaced with a hacked one which allows the booting of unsigned code.)

Moderators note (John) Quote removed. Please stop quoting the entire post prior to you reply. It is not needed and is a waste of time and space on the server.
N/A

X box live ??

I think you both need to be sure about the legality of what you're discussing.
Delves
Grafter

X box live ??

Microsoft check for moded Xbox's and if it is moded it will be banned, this can be BIOS, mod chip or bigger hard disk.

Your best getting a second box to play on live if your into the mod scene
N/A

X box live ??

I have a switch fitted that you must use to play 'copied ' games -- how do you use 'copied' games on live?Huh
Delves
Grafter

X box live ??

You can't use copied games on Live.
N/A

X box live ??

I think you both need to be sure about the legality of what you're discussing.

Modchips are legal, you dont need to use an illegal hacked bios! A legal bios will allow you to boot linux among other things. The xbox isnt the same without a modchip due to it being so much similair to the pc and no you dont need to mod it just to use it for illegal purposes, thats not my main purpose Wink
N/A

X box live ??

how do you use 'copied' games on live?Huh

To play on Xbox Live you must not have any chip installed. If you have one installed, it must be disabled. With this disabled, any backups of games you legally own will not work, because the chip is needed to play these.
N/A

X box live ??

Yes, however, the main purpose for them is the use of copied and/or pirated - AKA illegal - software.

Just as the talk on P2P applications and usage is closly monitored, these topics are too.

Under no circumstances must discussion take place, in aiding the use of illegal material.

On to the Xbox issue though. I thought under the licence of Microsoft (which doesn't surprise me with them), bypassing copy protection functions with hardware toher than that sanctioned by Microsoft is in breech.
N/A

X box live ??

That sounds about right: They block these things on Xbox Live because they breach the license.
N/A

X box live ??

thanks to all for your advice-- I bought the console 2nd hand from a lad I work with, but obviously I didn't want to wreck my chances of playing live! If I understand you all-
I can disable the chip with a switch that's fitted (which by all accounts is legal) and still go on live with geniuine software HuhHuhHuh
N/A

X box live ??

thanks to all for your advice-- I bought the console 2nd hand from a lad I work with, but obviously I didn't want to wreck my chances of playing live! If I understand you all-
I can disable the chip with a switch that's fitted (which by all accounts is legal) and still go on live with geniuine software HuhHuhHuh

Thats what the switch is for, to disable the mod Smiley

If its disabled xboxlive wont detect a mod now will it!