cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Warcraft Invisible Character bug

N/A

I have had WOW since it was launched and I am unable to play it. I can log into the game np, but when I get into the world, my character is invisble, some of the buttons do not work and everything is identified as an unknown entity. WoW tech support have been less than helpful and keep telling me its a problem with my network drivers. I have 2MB ADSL through the Binatone 500 modem. Anyone got any clues?
Cheers
Ewan
5 REPLIES
N/A

What graphics card are you using? I think this is more likely to cause this sort of problem. It's worth trying to turn off "vertex animation" in the game, as this caused a few problems on older graphics cards.
N/A

Its a GeForce 4400 Ti. Up to date drivers. WoW Tech support seem convinced its a network problem, but I am out of ideas on what to change with a connection that runs Eve, SW Galaxies, EQ2 and a range of other online games perfectly.
Cheers
Ewan
Firejack
Grafter

Sounds exactly like the problem I had in beta. Are you using any UI Mods (Cosmos etc)? I used Cosmos for awhile but suddenly it failed and gave lots of cryptic errors. I re-logged and found characters didn't have a name or were not even visable.
To fix the problem I deleted the Interface directory (to remove Cosmos completely) and then deleted the WDB directory to for a rebuild of the game cache. Worked a charm Cool

Since then I've been using Gypsy instead of Cosmos and I've never had any problems.
N/A

Sorry to show my ignorance, but cosmos and gypsy mean nothing to me. Any further clues?
Thanks
Ewan
Firejack
Grafter

They are just User Interface mods. They give you lots more buttons and allow you to chop up the standard WoW User Interface to suit your style Smiley

As for any other ideas.. deleting the game cache (WDB directory) is the only idea I have.