cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will swap from PAYG to the new Option 2 affect my XBOX Live?

N/A

I've had this email from PN about the available switch to the new products they offer - Option 1 to 4. Has anyone swapped over yet and noticed any differences in gaming?

Option 2 is the same cost, but with 8Gb instead of 2Gb allowance. Now this will allow me to increase my usage of XBOX live, downloading new demos etc. but I'm worried that the increase in allowance may mean a decrease in gaming speeds. Does anyone know whether this is likely to be the case? I know PN state that gaming is unrestricted - but I've been told this before by other ISPs, and although I've had no problems at all with PN, I'm worried that if I change, I'll end up with a poorer performance for gaming. If so, I'd rather stick with my lower usage account.
Cheers for your help people! Wink
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Changing products will not effect your gaming. Gaming absolutley is prioritised on our network, honest, and as such will not be affected by your change of product.
N/A

Thank you for the response.
It's really nice to have the ability to 'talk' to someone who can give you the answers. PN seem pretty good at this.
And with a guarantee such as this, it makes me confident in switching. If I notice any problems after the switch I'll be back to post here.
In the meantime, if anyone does have any problems, this would be a good place to log them.
Thanks for your support PN.
Keep up the good work - so far the only ISP that hasnt given me any problems! Cheesy
Community Veteran

Only too glad to be of help.

Many thanks for your kind words and your support.

Dont hesitate to post back if you have any queries.