cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii wireless setup

N/A

Wii wireless setup

Hi,

I've just bought a Wii and want to set thnigs up to play wirelessly. I'm on the standard 8mb broadband with a normal router and want to know how to set up a wireless system in the house to allow me to connect to my Wii (it'll save me setting up another cable halfway across the house from the phone socket).

Can anyone from PlusNet point me in the direction of the right router to use that is compatible with both your service and my Wii, or are there any other Wii'ers out there with advice?

Cheers
Simon
10 REPLIES
clockley
Grafter

Wii wireless setup

Hi,

As a company, we don't recommend any specific make or model of router. However, on a personal level, I have heard that Belkin and Linksys are very reliable...

Not a company recommendation, mind...

Hope this helps.

Carl L.
N/A

Wii wireless setup

cheers carl i shall head to M@plin this afternoon (not a company recommendation either!!)
Aterlatus
Grafter

Wii wireless setup

I love my Draytek...

They aren't cheap, but there's enough toys in there to keep even the most bored techs going for hours.
Loon
Grafter

Wii wireless setup

Hi

When I set my Wii up I had a lot of trouble getting it to connect to the router. After a quick surfing session I discovered that Nintendo suggest channel 1 or 11. Can't remember which I was trying to use first, but switched it to the other and not had a problem since.

Rob
N/A

Wii wireless setup

netgear!
iainmacmillan
Grafter

Wii wireless setup

Netgear DSG834 series, can;t go wrong with. The New PN has some great features and 6 wireless aerials than the usual std aerial on the G or GT models.

Also good for Cisco VPN software if you connect to your office remotely.
N/A

Wii wireless setup

I was just connected to plusnet a few days ago. I went out and bought myself a Netgear from PC world. Works great and is pretty good value I think. I also have a Wii but have not connected it to my wireless network yet.

www.pcworld.co.uk

[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin): Long URL Converted to a link. title.]
N/A

WII Online

So are we saying here that the standard router sent by Plus Net(i.e. the BT Voyager) is not compatible with the Wirless option on WII's?? and that is why a new router is neededHuh
monty
Grafter

Wii wireless setup

Hi I have a BT Voyager 2100, no problems connecting my PC, Wii , ds psp, ps2 Sony Ericsson P990i mother inlaw's laptop great router seems to accept anything I throw at it.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Re: WII Online

So are we saying here that the standard router sent by Plus Net(i.e. the BT Voyager) is not compatible with the Wirless option on WII's?? and that is why a new router is neededHuh

BT Voyager is actually a range of routers, not an individual model, but any of the range that are wireless capable should work with the Wii.

I use a Netgear DG834N with the Wii and it works perfectly.