cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wii in stock at Amazon

N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

For those of you who (like myself) have been struggling to get hold of a Nintendo Wii. Amazon.co.uk have had these in stock since 1800hrs, I have successfully ordered one, and Amazon are still showing stock at the time of writing.

I hope that this helps someone.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

These have now been sold out, and no- you can't have mine Cheesy
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

Are people still struggling to get these? I'm not a console gamer myself, but the guy I know who is, got his before xmas. Shocking that 3mths later folks still can't get hold of them. :?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Wii in stock at Amazon

Yep, most places still don't have stock. Ebuyer had 50 odd the other day as a bundle with four other games. Not sure if they have any left now.
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

Stock levels are gradually improving- there seem to have been a fair few online retailers with stock between Thursday and Saturday. Needless to say, demand is still huge, and all these have been sold (Amazon had actually sold out by 2038hrs).

For those who are still looking I have found this site to be extremely helpful hunting them down.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Wii in stock at Amazon

Give it another month then I reckon. PS3's about to hit so maybe there'll be some around once stocks of that are all gone.
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

WOW! Say my bro at the weekend - apparently he's handing over £500 for a PS3 - he reckons its a good deal because of all the extra's he's getting, but it sounds a hell of a lot of dough for a console?

Am I missing out on something?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Wii in stock at Amazon

I didn't realise stock levels of it were still so bad many months after it had been released. Though someone at work was lucky enough to catch Old Street Argos (just opposite where I work) with some in stock and had one for Christmas!

Yep I agree about the PS3 .. given how much I use my PS2 (i.e. hardly ever) I don't think I'll be rushing out to buy one. I know it's a fairly cheap blu-ray player at the moment - but at those kind of prices I'll stick with DVD for now. I will wait until it comes down to a more sensible price and consider it then, I remember when the original XBox was £400 and that quickly came down.

The thing I don't like about consoles is after shelling out all the money for it, you then have to pay the manufacturer royalties to run anything on it - and then only what they want. Sounds like the kind of comment from a developer doesn't it Smiley

And why can't they ever keep up with demand? Can't be rocket science to manufacture x units (where x relates to the actual demand, not some much lower figure). If it is going to take longer then delay the launch until x can be made and shipped - or am I missing something?

Cynical me would say it's not exactly unintentional, after all if they managed to keep up with demand then it's not going to make news anywhere is it? Also I guess if the console ends up being a flop (which is highly unlikely for the PS3 I know) then the company doesn't have so much capital tied up in hardware they can't shift.

So I won't be camping outside Oxford Street HMV the night before (or something equally ridiculous that people will do).

Though if I have nothing else on, I may head over there during my lunch hour for a laugh (to see what kind of fuss is being made about it).
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

I've heard here that pre-orders actually made are below the levels provided to the stores, and that it might not actually sell out on day one.

Major embarressment for Sony if that proves to be true.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Wii in stock at Amazon

If you want Blu-ray then the PS3 isn't that bad a deal, whether Blu-ray will come out on top against HD-DVD I don't know, as others have said it could be another VHS vs Betamax war and people may just wait to see which wins before buying in case they end up with an expensive paperweight.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Wii in stock at Amazon

Well I've only just popped out of the office and walked past Old Street Argos (right opposite) and they had a poster saying "PS3 Available Now!".

I assumed that wasn't the case, so for a laugh I typed in the cat. number into their stock checker and they have 10 available!

@lestones, I think you were right!

Still I am not going to get one, but if anyone wants one now (and they're out of stock in your area), I can purchase one in the next 5 minutes - subject to unit cost, shipping and my small commission fee :lol:
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

Well I've only just popped out of the office and walked past Old Street Argos (right opposite) and they had a poster saying "PS3 Available Now!".

I assumed that wasn't the case, so for a laugh I typed in the cat. number into their stock checker and they have 10 available!

Belive me, they are not out of stock anywhere....they are selling like dog turds tbh. I just heard that Virgin megastore in Liverpool had 100 in stock and opened at midnight on launch day for the 'rush'. They still have 95 in stock Tongue

Sony really blew it on several fronts. The worst being the really late release. Xbox 360's are well established already and Wiii has been a huge success, bigger that Sony would have predicted I'd bet. The price is ridiculous and Blu-Ray is far from being the established choice of next gen DVD.

Frankly i hate the lot of them. PC is the only way for me Smiley
N/A

Wii in stock at Amazon

The devil in me hopes that Sony fail with this one... unlikely, but at least the poor initial sales and release delays will give them a kick up the bum and give them something to think about.

What would be nice too is if UK / European consumers boycotted makers like Sony's products in recognition of their unfair distribution and pricing scheme. They fail to recognise that Europe is as big a market as USA and we've suffered too long having to wait second or third in line and end up having to pay higher prices at the end of it (which they put down to 'regionalisation' costs) [so fitting a UK plug is responsible for the +30% price difference.. I don't think so!].

Bah... it's been said before anyway. I just hope Sony take note and re-think their approach to their customers!

By the way, did I mention that I work for a rival electronics company? Smiley