cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats this gaming all about

N/A

Whats this gaming all about

This may sound sad to you lot but I'm a virgin PC gamer.

Could anyone give a little help on what to do (pleasant comments only).

Do you need a copy of the game on your own PC and then network with others on a gameserver? or can you just log onto a 'gameserver' and play.

What games are recommended?

anything else I should know?

Regards

Cliff
5 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

RE: Whats this gaming all about

Hi Cliff,

> Do you need a copy of the game on your own PC and then network with others on a gameserver? or can you just log onto a 'gameserver' and play.

In order to play games you need the game installed on your own PC. You then go online and connect to a server - along with your fellow onlinw gamers - and procede to mercilesly kill them in a variaty of ways (depending on the game).

> What games are recommended?

Recomendations are always a bit dodgy as it's all down to personal preference. Personally I'm a first person shooter man - currently playing medal of honour, comand & conquer renegade and unreal tournament 2003.

There are plenty of other choices through like counter strike, half life team fortress classic red faction and if you want some thing a bit more involved things like neverwinter nights and dungeon seige (roleplaying).

> anything else I should know?

Naa, just have fun. Gaming is much better if you have ADSL too and don't worry too much about losing. In my experience there is always someone out there who just plays too much and invariably kicks your a**.

Josh
PlusNet Customer Support
(off duty)

N/A

Thanks Josh,

I'll have to get down to the shops then and buy something.

You know the score practice first then show your son how to do it so you look good.

He'll probably whollop me anyway even if I do practice.

Cliff
N/A

Hello Cliff,

I play Half Life,Team Fortess classic mostly, great fun, you'll need to purchase the game then go online, and download a few patches to get started.

If 1st player shoot 'em ups is not your thing then take a look at Starwarsgalaxies.this is currently in beta testing stage, but the amount of detail it will go to is scary!!

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com
N/A

> Hello Cliff,
>
> Hello Cliff,
>
> Should you get into the nasty habbit that most of us by playing a lot of online games, fps(first person shooters) or whatever game drop into the [DAD]Clan. We are a group of Dads that play MOHAA(medal of honour allied assault), EF(Star treks Voyager elite force) and now UT2003(unreal tournament 2003)You dont have to join just pop in and any questions we always try and help if possible.
N/A

bear in mind that the star wars galaxies is not being geared to the casual player, so much like everquest you can say goodbye to a social life with that one Smiley (not that it bothers me im stuck at home in the evenings with a disabled child who cant be baby-sat anyway)