cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanguard 4k RTT 70% packet loss in and out

N/A

Will this EVER get addressed or will it just be better to suck the money lost up and go to another isp?

Sitting with up to 4000ms pings at peak times. Unacceptable for a service im paying £35ish a month for.
8 REPLIES
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

What did they say when you raised a fault ticket about it ?
Zathras
Grafter

They havent added any ports for the last 2 weeks+ and they dont intend to until next week.
N/A

CS Reply: "i can see that interleaving is already off and your ping time should not be this high for you"

Yeah right. Off coarse it should be fine because there is NOTHING wrong with my line or equiptment. It is only under peak times which means it is PlusNet that has load balancing or priortizing problems.
GersFans
Grafter

They havent added any ports for the last 2 weeks+ and they dont intend to until next week.

I read that on the forums here on Saturday and promptly requested my MAC. Gamers are not wanted here, we must be using up too much valuable gold/platinum [or whatever is the priority colour this week] traffic..

:roll:
N/A

Hi, just thought I'd pipe in and say you're not alone with this problem.

I was in Vanguard beta, and put the high latency at peak times due to the few servers being very overloaded...However come launch, and it's exactly the same.

I'm not sure if this is the same with you, but some chunks can be great ping (around 120ms), and others are insanely high (3500+). I can zone back and forth between a good and a bad chunk, and my latenct changes to each extreme.

I supplied PN with a port range for the game, however they told me they'd all been rejected.

Really not sure what to do now. It's un-playable like this, and I know I'm pissing my friends off everytime I get us all killed, or take about 20 seconds or more to zone.
Zathras
Grafter

I supplied PN with a port range for the game, however they told me they'd all been rejected.

Is this standard practise for all ISP's?
GersFans
Grafter

Really not sure what to do now.

You didn't take the hint from PN then?

Looks like they are telling you to go elsewhere :roll:

Why stay with Plusnet when they are dictating what you can and cannot PLAY on thier network [the fact your paying for it seems to go over thier head right enough]...
N/A

Hi,
PN just got back to me and said that the changes have been approved and will be implemented this thursday. I can only guess the changes are opening/un-throttling the ports Vanguard uses.

It's just pretty sad when you have to go to such extremes to play a game.

Reminds me of an old router we used to have, and had to manually open up ports for everything we used on the net. It wasn't long until we scrapped it and paid out for a new one that used uPNP...I wonder if PN will get the hint.